I about wet myself when I saw this.
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: I about wet myself when I saw this.

I about wet myself when I saw this.

From what I have read hanging around here, some of you will too. I feel silly. It's maybe 50 miles from my house. I originally discovered it on another site than the one linked, which you can tell was very picture heavy (good thing) but the pictures are all gone (bad thing). So I looked around a bit and found this link over at ADV. Nice assortment of pictures, gives the general idea. Do the whole first page since there is a gap in the pictures. There, I didn't spoil it for you. You will have to click to see. Loss for Words. Check out this place. - ADVrider
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

That looks like an amazing place!!! Would love to go through there and pick up parts to put a bike together from scratch. Cool post!

That is my dream garage! I totally dig that front drum brake pic with fins. I can't even imagine having that kind of collection.
    2015 Yamaha Bolt
    Coming Soon...TW200

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

That job must suck. I would hate to sit in a shop full of classic motorcycles and motorcycle parts. There are junkyards and graveyards but this one falls more toward a time-capsule.

Very cool! Definitely worth a stop when in the neighborhood. I go down I-69 a lot and it looks to be worth a side trip for sure.

It's nice to see a salvage yard with inside storage unlike this yard here in Michigan where most are outdoors in the nasty weather.

There is a guy here in town that had an 'unauthorized' Yamaha dealership in the '60's & '70's. Unauthorized because he actually owned the bikes instead of floor plan financed inventory. He still has a huge inventory of bikes he took in as trade-ins, unsold new bikes, all the flat track bikes his sons raced, plus rooms full of NOS parts. The inside of his shop looks very much like the pics of the shop above. He's in his 80's now but won't sell anything as a lot. He will still sell some odd parts to long time customers but that's about it. Pictures of his stuff aren't allowed but a lot of the stuff is visible through the showroom windows....rows of old bikes. I'll see if I can sneak a picture from the road. I'd like to have pics for memory's sake anyway.
    Last edited by Tirebiter; 02-20-2014 at 08:13 AM.

This was the first link I saw. I would love to be able to recover the pictures from it. Probably cached somewhere, but that's above my pay grade. D&A Motorcycle Salvage... (PICTURE HEAVY) - page 1 - Online or Local shops for Parts etc. - DO THE TON
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Tirebiter he might have my "perfect" Yamaha 125 AT-1!
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Borneo View Post
    Tirebiter he might have my "perfect" Yamaha 125 AT-1!
    Possible. I've seen some DT's. It's been years since I've been in there. His inventory isn't nearly as vast and varied as the place in Decatur, IN. He collected some rare bikes but it wasn't his intention to be a salvage facility.

Just sold 3 at- 1s and a ct. .all Decent shape too
    If ya wanna live life in your own terms..ya gotta be willing to crash and burn!

MMI Orlando,FLA graduate 2/2000
    1987 TW200 - Pirelli MT21 front tire,'08 disc brake conversion, ..Maxxis Ceros rear tire, Honda VTR1000 rear shock,Fat pegs,Answer bars,...all stock otherwise
    2006 KLX250s - details on this one are for a different forum,..we'll focus on the TW...lol...basic bolt on upgrades,nothing to write home about.

Been there on more than one occasion, located between Willshire, Ohio and Decatur, Indiana, on US 33....it has been there for years....interesting place, located about 20 miles from my house.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links