The Christini 2WD motorcycle. I ain't racing that on my Rokon.
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: The Christini 2WD motorcycle. I ain't racing that on my Rokon.

The Christini 2WD motorcycle. I ain't racing that on my Rokon.

Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

And how about a hydrostatic 2WD trail bike...with reverse. Hydrostatic 2WD Motorcycle ? Raccoon ? Update
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

BugSpatteredJacket likes this.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

That "Raccoon" is pretty wicked.....but would make short work of my old back. So would a Rokon for that matter.
    09 DL650 V-Strom "Function over Form at a Superior Price"
    09 DR650 "Hooliganizer"
    03 TW200 "No Road---No Problem"
    81 Z50 "Just Because"
    98 Honda Valkyrie "Fast as [email protected]&K"
    02 Tw200 " Camouflaged Redneck Edition" Sold to Son-in-Law
    73CT Trail90 "The most fun you can have under 100cc's" Sold. Had an offer I couldn't refuse.

Yeah, I know when I have ridden the Rokon. I call it the Trail Hammer. You ride it on the trail, it hammers you.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Throw some TKC80s on the 450SM and death would be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    Throw some TKC80s on the 450SM and death would be fun.
    Quite a bit of fun. My only experience with a 2WD motorcycle is the Rokon, but just from that I can tell you that with the front end pulling "up and over" you can do some amazing things. I am intrigued by the hydrostatic one too. Somewhere around the shop I even have a list I made up pricing the components in addition to the Honda engine I just happen to have around here. And I do have the right dies for the tube bender.... If only I didn't have twentybazillion other projects already half finished.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Too many projects? I can relate. Between my son, my dad, and I, we have 17 motorcycles, 2 3-wheelers, 3 4-wheelers, a 6-wheeler, 3 boats, 4 cars, 4 pickups, 1 flatbed, 1 wrecker, 1 rollback, 1 motorhome, 1 travel trailer, 1 5th wheel camper, 1 golf cart, 1 airplane, 2 riding mowers, 3 tractors, 4 trailers, and projects currently being worked on: Model 1881 Gatling in .45-70 and Maxim in .303 we haven't dated exactly, but should be in the 1895-1900 range. I've probably forgotten a few toys.

Mel likes this.

I hear, I hear. Occasionally I get one done too. I did complete my flat fender Willys Jeep Project. My 1967 two and a half ton truck/toy hauler project is complete minus building the bed. The TJ Jeep rockcrawler, which can seen in some of my TW pictures from the shop is getting close...basically needs the rear bumper/hitch/winch fabricated, and most of those pieces are actually cut and just need to be welded up and the winch wired (the back is a great place for a winch (Got one on front too, which has been on every jeep I have owned since 1977). The Cx500 cafe/brat project, which also can be seen lurking in some of the pictures, well...it has a long, long way to go. Top it off, I am building a cabin on a trailer frame to take to Drummond Island in Michigan's U.P. I have gotten slightly better as I have hit the '50's, I used to have so many projects running it would take me until noon just to figure out what I was going to work on.

Gatling gun? Sweet. Ambitious too. I sort of have that on the list too, but in a much smaller scale. I want to make one of those twin Ruger 10-22 Gatlings. I picked up one donor rifle for cheap and I'm betting I find another fairly soon.

My way of thinking is that projects keep you young...and out of trouble. I walk into the shop and my "peace and contentment" level immediately elevates. And that, is a very good thing.
    Mel likes this.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

My work is on the road these days so I don't do many projects anymore. When I retire, though, ... . My son does most of the diddling in the shop these days, but my 8-year old grandson is starting to show more interest in his own projects rather than have someone fix things for him. He's been active in the shop since he was 3.

The weapons are for my dad. He is a military historian of some fame among circles that care, author of several books on the subject, and has a rather large collection of infantry weapons, some dating back thousands of years, including the personal weapons of some rather famous people, though Hitler's personal Lugar was donated to the Army's museum for safe keeping. My son invests a lot of time keeping everything clean, oiled, and working. Only the specific part being worked on is at the shop--the rest of the parts are stored in a walk-in vault at another location, so it won't do any good for anyone to get any not-so-bright ideas.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links