I don't get it.
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: I don't get it.

I don't get it.

What's with this Duck Commander beard stuff? If it's all about beards, explain Islam.

I dont get it either but I dont watch any tv unless its a movie. Todays shows are so stupid I dont see how anyone with 1/3 of a brain can stand to watch them. I sound like my grandpa but im only 33. It seems like tv represents a big part of society today and thats scary. All reality shows make me puke

Quote Originally Posted by small's View Post
    All reality shows make me puke
    +++++++1
    n2o2diver and Hoot Gibson like this.
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by small's View Post
    All reality shows make me puke
    Amen to that! Wife still watches some TV but I haven't sat in front of one that's been on for over 3 years. I don't have time to watch other people's shit. I'm too busy with my own.

Don't know what to tell you Qwerty. I have a full beard, is white. One little girl asked me about xmas time. Why is there no hair on your head? I told her my last trip down I lost my scarf. My hair got so cold it all broke off and just never came back. She was in awe. As far as the Duck family, they do have a lot of hair, but I have seen dreadlocks much larger and can't imagine having a mess like that attached to me. Of course, just another personal opinion. Thing I like about a full beard is that with an open faced helmet the rain doesn't sting so bad and I haven't been stung by a bee that has hit my cheek while riding.
    Hoot Gibson likes this.

that show has to be mostly poor acting,because the company couldn't succed or even manufacture that many duxck calls to make a profit with that bunch of stupid ,lazy,dumbass,rednecks. they are alyways goofing off.they must have a plant somewhere producing calls with real workers off camera. i can't stand these so called reality shows.they are as far from reality as anything can get.

Tinnitus makes me do it because I can't stand the buzzing in my ears unless I produce some sort of background noise. I have hundreds of channels beamed in from a satellite but only ever have news on the TV. Flipping around in the evening supports my belief that we are heading to hell in a hand basket!

I do sport a full beard in the winter but keep it very short, brakes up the monotony of my face. I could never stand the rats nest the duck dudes wear. At least that show is tons better than 99% of the other crap they call entertainment TV.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

winters in Sudbury, MA, summer on Squam Lake, NH
    You guys obviously haven't discovered Downton Abby !
    fishguy likes this.
    I sell TW200 stickers for $2.00ea. delivered. See Hidden Content for details. Hidden Content

2014 TW, DMO pegs, Yamaha rack, Doubletake mirrors, Jimbo shield, extended pilot screw, Snapback clock, Ebay risers, Seat Concepts, o-ring chain, Ricochet skidplate, brake leash, IMS folding shift lever, ProCycle tool tube, 130 main jet and two shims, route sheet holder, compass, temp/humidity
    indicator.

Senior Member Purple People Eater's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    that show has to be mostly poor acting,because the company couldn't succed or even manufacture that many duxck calls to make a profit with that bunch of stupid ,lazy,dumbass,rednecks. they are alyways goofing off.they must have a plant somewhere producing calls with real workers off camera. i can't stand these so called reality shows.they are as far from reality as anything can get.
    Actually, the family are multi-millionaire even before the show came on the air. In 2012, the company earned 40 million dollars. Here is a brief bio from Wikipedia "Duck Commander is both the brand of a best-selling duck call and the name of the company in West Monroe, Louisiana, United States, that makes it and other duck-hunting merchandise,[1] as well as deer-hunting merchandise under the Buck Commander brand.
    Phil Robertson, a star football quarterback at Louisiana Tech University, founded the company rather than play professional football in the NFL.[2] He began his business in a dilapidated shed, where he spent 25 years making duck calls from Louisiana cedar trees.[3]
    Robertson's third son, Willie Robertson, is the chief executive officer and expanded the family business into a multi-million dollar enterprise."

I can't stand reality show either but since I work in finance, I'm in awe how they grew this company into a multi-million dollar operation on a simple duck call. Why can't I come up with an invention like that?
    r80rt likes this.
    "One's destination is never a place but rather a new way of looking at things" - Henry Miller

Hidden Content

thanks for the info purple,that explains a lot ,but the show itself sort of lets people believe these guys do the manufacturing themselves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links