The 5 fastest dirt bikes in the world
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: The 5 fastest dirt bikes in the world

The 5 fastest dirt bikes in the world

The 5 Fastest Dirt Bikes in the World

Nice Maico video in here, old school pics.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Love those old school videos. When I went from my Kawasaki G5 100 to the Honda CR 125 Elsinore it was like getting a rocket. I still have not ridden anything else that traveled that fast in the soft sand and that includes my RM 400. The 400 was a much faster bike, but I could not control it as well at speed in the sand. That is why it is funny that the GS is listed as the fastest dirt bike. I have a GS Adventure and it is a lot of fun in the woods but it is no dirt bike.

I have owned all the Maicos. Had to with a last name of Heimberger , had to ride German Bikes top keep up the Kraut image . Besides they were self steering and just made me look like a better rider then I was . Thought my BMW was faster then that . Might have to wring it out if the tires look good or I am feeling lucky .
    The older I get the faster I was
    Look at the bottom of this page under SIMILAR THREADS
    Norm in Arkansas
    2006 TW , Kick Starter , Shinko 241 front 4;00/18 ,Vesrah HD clutch springs. Carb jet Kit, Amsoil 10-40 , ALLSBALLS steering head bearings, Jimbo shield. Zeta drop -down bend handguards
    Ricochet skidplate from IMMIX RACING , BIKEMASTER Supersport mirrors XT350 fuel tank , member big foot pegs

Honda XR 600 , KTM 300 , BMW 1100 gs , 327 Cushman Truckster , KTM 625 SXC . Ural with sidecar

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Only thing about having the fastest bike is being first on the scene of a bad accident.
    littletommy likes this.

I usually beat the ambulance there by at least 10 minutes.

That's funny bro!
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

A properly developed two stroke would lay waste to the CRF and KX, weigh 20lbs less and be substantially cheaper to rebuild in the top end department.
    Last edited by TWrider; 05-31-2014 at 10:40 AM.

My old 1981 ktm 495 would have easily beat most of those bikes ,and that was thirty years ago .Dirt bike magazine took one to bonneville and it was close to 124 mph if I remember correctly .This list is bogus !

When the Evinrude e-tec direct injected 2 stroke outboard came out, i thought the technology would be in motorcycles the next year. Yamaha also has rock solid reliability in its 2 stroke high pressure direct injection outboards, I wonder what the problem is with a motorcycle engine application. Both the e-tec and hpdi engines meet 50 state emissions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebbanflood View Post
    When the Evinrude e-tec direct injected 2 stroke outboard came out, i thought the technology would be in motorcycles the next year. Yamaha also has rock solid reliability in its 2 stroke high pressure direct injection outboards, I wonder what the problem is with a motorcycle engine application. Both the e-tec and hpdi engines meet 50 state emissions.
    It isn't about the emissions, It's all about Californistan. Anyone who's had an open class 2 stroke on the pipe knows there is no replacement in things like sand dunes when lots of HP and wheel spin happen. The two stroke is basically a pump with no valve to contain the explosion that happens when the charge fires. This explosion exits through a very large open hole on 500cc 2 strokes and all that contains it is very thin sheet metal of the expansion chamber. This explosion is LOUD on an open class bike. The E-tec and the like are complex and use heavier exhaust management to control noise. California set noise limits on off road bikes that are below this threshold that open class bikes produce. This means no major manufacturer wants to produce a bike that could only be used on a closed course or for exhibition. None of this takes into account that the DEEP low frequency produced by large 4 stroke open class thumpers, while slightly less in decibels, actually travels further in more penetrating fashion. Producing HP in a small lightweight package causes noise, no getting around it until they go all electric, and it will be a sad day when they force everyone to electrics. In addition the manufacturers and aftermarket also LOVE 4 strokes, more riders can control them, it means more MC's sold, and tons and tons of replacement parts sold.

They forced the 250's to race against 450's so they'd be useless (notice they tried to do it with 400's first but it wasn't quite enough), and thus obsolete...Exhibition jumpers still love the two stroke, and so do people that like cheap top end rebuilds. Four stroke MX'ers are great when they are NEW, they don't stay new for long...4 strokes are also great when detuned for longevity like our TW's.
    Last edited by TWrider; 05-31-2014 at 12:56 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links