9 Fastest Cruiser Motorcycles from 0-60 mph. (hint: Yamaha takes the cake)
Close

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By littletommy
  • 1 Post By dette

Thread: 9 Fastest Cruiser Motorcycles from 0-60 mph. (hint: Yamaha takes the cake)

ZDR1, Zack and stephenmarklay like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Wow, I didn't realize those big machines were that fast!
    Zack

rbm
    Interesting, I wouldn't classify the Vmax or Diavel as cruisers though IMO.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I'd classify the V-Max as a Muscle bike, not a cruiser. If someone gave me one though, I wouldn't be complaining!
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

Ducati has not really been trying to market the Diavel as a cruiser but it has fallen into that. It is a lot more fun in my opinion. If there are any curves in the road the rest of the bikes will be just specs in the mirrors in short order.
    2011 TW200: Protaper Fat Bars, IMS Pegs, Cyclerack, Moose Racing Tail Bag, Cyrca Handguards, VStrom Mirrors, Jimbo Shield, Oxford Heated Grips, ProCycle 15k spring, 2x2cycles rack, seat concepts, Cyclops Adventure Sports LED conversion

2014 BMW F800GS

2007 BMW R1200R

I sold my gen1 vmax and got the t-dub, talk about two ends of the spectrum!

Our local Yamaha dealer sponsors an annual ride that my Star chapter leads groups on around our beautiful backroads. That ride was last weekend. One of the dealer's salesmen brought a Ducati Diavel for anyone on the ride to demo. Nobody was stepping up so of course, the person on the smallest displacement bike, yours truly decided to take a spin. So, I hopped on the Ducati and the salesman rode my TW for the next 30 miles of twisty backroads. I had ridden the Diavel once before but I must say going from my little TW to the Diavel then back to the TW is about as much of a contrast as one can experience.
    I would never have classified the Diavel as a cruiser......and, I still don't understand why none of the other riders (mostly cruiser) would not demo the Diavel, it's a blast.....but I would definitley get in trouble with the law if I rode one daily....my TW is also a blast and not much chance of getting myself in trouble.

I may have posted some of these pics last week, can't remember:013.JPG034.JPG036.JPG048.JPG
    Last edited by dette; 06-14-2014 at 11:45 PM. Reason: spelling errors
    littletommy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dette View Post
    Our local Yamaha dealer sponsors an annual ride that my Star chapter leads groups on around our beautiful backroads. That ride was last weekend. One of the dealer's salesmen brought a Ducati Diavel for anyone on the ride to demo. Nobody was stepping up so of course, the person on the smallest displacement bike, yours truly decided to take a spin. So, I hopped on the Ducati and the salesman rode my TW for the next 30 miles of twisty backroads. I had ridden the Diavel once before but I must say going from my little TW to the Diavel then back to the TW is about as much of a contrast as one can experience.
    I would never have classified the Diavel as a cruiser......and, I still don't understand why none of the other riders (mostly cruiser) would not demo the Diavel, it's a blast.....but I would definitley get in trouble with the law if I rode one daily....my TW is also a blast and not much chance of getting myself in trouble.

I may have posted some of these pics last week, can't remember:013.JPG034.JPG036.JPG048.JPG
    You are 100% right that going from the tw to a bike like the diavel is a huge contrast. Every time I make that switch for the tw to my multistrada it takes a while to get adjusted. I have pulled a wheelie or two simply forgetting that I can't just crank the throttle wfo all the time like I can on a tw.

The multi 1200 is the same motor as the diavel with a little less weight and sharper handling.

I wouldn't classify the diavel as a cruiser either, it's a muscle bike much like the vmax. A good friend of mine owns a diavel strada and I have ridden it a few times, it's a fun bike to ride for sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Pair of 2006 TW's modded to the hilt and a Ducati Multistrada.

Hidden Content

I had the chance to demo ride a new vmax about a year ago. Ive road some of the fastest inline 4cyl bikes out there and none of them have the raw torque and muscle that the vmax does. With my little butt on that thing it would ignite the tire in 2nd gear just by cranking the throttle and it would spin in 3rd. Nothing like riding that monster. Turning that beast loose is something I doubt I will ever forget.

Sponosred Links