Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Polaris Slingshot

Polaris Slingshot

I think I really need one of these!
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

The dealership I work for is going to be selling them. Can't wait to see one in person.

Ok... so you take a CanAm Spyder, drop the center of gravity as low as you can and put two bucket seats at street level.

What's so radical about that?
    Stephen S.

'07 TW200:

15/50 sprockets, O-ring chain, D2Moto foot pegs

tweaked carb (127.5 jet, 0.019 needle shim, idle screw @2.25),

Rubbermaid "Action Packer" on homemade brackets

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by srs713 View Post
    Ok... so you take a CanAm Spyder, drop the center of gravity as low as you can and put two bucket seats at street level.

What's so radical about that?
    the seats?

Ronnydog
    r80rt and Dryden-Tdub like this.

Do want.
    Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool!

I'm not sure yet. The Spyder is kind of a bike for people that can't do a bike for whatever reason. It still does not handle like a car. This is like a car for people that want one less wheel? I am not sure I would choose this over a nice sports style car like a miata.
    2011 TW200: Protaper Fat Bars, IMS Pegs, Cyclerack, Moose Racing Tail Bag, Cyrca Handguards, VStrom Mirrors, Jimbo Shield, Oxford Heated Grips, ProCycle 15k spring, 2x2cycles rack, seat concepts, Cyclops Adventure Sports LED conversion

2014 BMW F800GS

2007 BMW R1200R

Quote Originally Posted by stephenmarklay View Post
    I'm not sure yet. The Spyder is kind of a bike for people that can't do a bike for whatever reason. It still does not handle like a car. This is like a car for people that want one less wheel? I am not sure I would choose this over a nice sports style car like a miata.
    i just bought one a sling shot sl and i currently own a miata, The sling shot is a whole different animal, by far. the styling is radical, it handles like a race car. it has double the power of my miata. and the out in open cockpit pit is great like a motorcycle. i love it. if you get a chance to drive one you should. dont get me wrong i love my miata but the low center of gravity and wide stance really make this thing thrilling.
    Dryden-Tdub likes this.

Saw one on the road the other day, very impressive. Might be difficult to use to full potential on public roads w/o getting a ticket, need real twisty backroads perhaps.
    If one wants to spend all their money on the machine and not on tickets ride off-road with one of these....power to weight ratio is a bit more than 3hp/lb.
    Little Brute and kj7687 like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Saw one on the road the other day, very impressive. Might be difficult to use to full potential on public roads w/o getting a ticket, need real twisty backroads perhaps.
    If one wants to spend all their money on the machine and not on tickets ride off-road with one of these....power to weight ratio is a bit more than 3hp/lb.
    I was hoping to see that beast in action in the video...

I sat in a Slingshot at the Long Beach, CA Motorcycle Show. Sat nice and low, so I'm sure it must handle pretty good. I think it had a mainstream rice-rocket engine in it (?). The sad thing was the steering column was all screwed up just from people getting in and out of it. That didn't give a high quality impression.

Test rode a couple Spyper models at an Angel Stadium Spyder event. They were fun, but seemed rather unstable on the freeway. They kept catching the freeway rain grooves and wanted to dart all over the place. Scarey! I thought they'd be more stable, but my test ride didn't turn out that way.

The new 1000 Turbo UTV's have my interest for the dunes. Kind of neat to get a warranty on an off-road turbo charged toy!
    TW200 "Little Brute" is gone - Waiting to see what 2016 brings (WR250R/CRF250 RALLY/KTM390/Africa Twin or E-bicycle?)

You must have seen the red one that is always riding around Cortland and Groton. Older guy driving it like a grocery getter

Tom
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links