Any scooter riders here.......I'm doing my research .
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Any scooter riders here.......I'm doing my research .

Any scooter riders here.......I'm doing my research .

Been looking at maxi scooters lately......300cc--400cc . Underseat storage is a big plus to me these day's as is a center stand . So far Ive been looking at the Honda Forza and the Yamaha Majesty ( couldn't they have called it something else ? ) . Unless I'm mistaken the Forza has 35w dual headlights.....kinda strange , not sure of the Yamaha ,their site didn't say . Any of you have experience with such machines ?. Maintence perhaps would not be a huge pain ( meaning , oil & filter , air filter and CVT fluid ) but beyond that a pain could arrise ?. Any info would be appreciated . The Suzuki Burgman's are a bit too much $$$ but are also great machines .

I enjoyed my Honda Silverwing maxi scooter a lot. 600cc's, liquid cooled, fuel-injected, lots of storage, and very reliable. 100 mph was definitely doable and it got 53 mpg.

The downside was it was not as stable as a motorcycle and I missed shifting.

Lots of fun though.

Silver Wing_resized.jpg

Wasn't as stable at 100mph or all speeds ?. The 600cc would be to much $$$ for me anyway . TIA

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

It was just ok at the ton mark. No canyon carver though.

I bought mine used for $3500 with very few miles. Be prepared to remove lots and lots of breakable plastic panels when doing maintenance. It ain't no naked bike. I believe that flat rate labor on a Suzuki Burgman for a valve adjustment is about 7.5 hours.

I don't think that 600 cc's is an issue. A 400 cc or a 250 cc would be just fine. Just be prepared for a different riding experience with the smaller wheels and tires and automatic transmission.

Maxi scooters are very fun rides until you attempt a stream crossing.

I'm tired and going to show ignorance...."ton mark"....?. Yea ,the zillion panel removal may be my breaking point / buzz kill on this . TIA

I have a Zuma 125 (actually you could say its my wife's!). I don't ride it much. I can't get comfortable with the feet in front position. Sounds like the Zuma is smaller than what you are looking for.
    2008 TW200
    2013 Zuma 125

Quote Originally Posted by frog13 View Post
    I'm tired and going to show ignorance...."ton mark"....?. Yea ,the zillion panel removal may be my breaking point / buzz kill on this . TIA
    The "ton mark" is an old, old term referring to 100 mph.

Do not be too concerned with panel removals as you rarely have to remove them.

Understood rurindum . I've tried youtube and the like to find info on what is involved in valve adjustments.....what needs to be removed etc....no luck......the search continues . TIA

Not trying to highjack the thread, but I have a question please.

Hey, you guys know anything about a Piaggio fly 50cc mopeds? My brother in Scottsdale, Az bought one. (I told him he needed a real motorcycle, he didn't listen) Anyway, now he wants to beef it up a bit and is wondering about any kits that will give it more power. I think he is not being realistic about it, since he wants to be able to go 45 or so instead of its 35 top speed. A kit would give him a little more ummmmpphh but he is still stuck with gearing that will only do 35 or so. I figure a kit with jetting for carb, intake mods? and a different exhaust is about all they offer. Are these available out there? Personally, I think he is going the wrong way here. He would need to have the cost of the mods, the $ for a dealer to install and for what? A tiny bit more power? After all, it's only a 50cc. Any info would be appreciated. The kid's a dork, if he would come visit his big brother, he could ride out of here on a beautiful HD or TW without spending a penny and have a real bike. Thanks Guys. I'll share with him your thoughts on this so he can make an educated decision.

1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Selling my 2009 Burgman 650 with 2315 original miles on it. Great machine. Fast, nimble, comfortable. Tons of storage space. Decided to change things up with the TW200 and a restored CB750 from the 70's or perhaps a Suzuki 750-850 GS from the same era. The maxi scooters are a do anything machine. Around town or touring can't go wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links