Classics
Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Classics

Classics

Anyone else in to old bikes from the 60's, 70's. That's the direction I'm going. I have the 2013 TW and sold all the rest. Thinking about a Honda 750 or Suzuki 750GS to start with. I don't intend to amass a "collection". I guess I just want to walk (ride) down memory lane in retirement. As I recall I had more fun on these smaller displacement bikes than I ever have on the Harley's or Goldwings I've owned.

Thoughts? Comments? Photos?
    TopPredator and Landser like this.

A friend of mine use to let me ride his late 60s Yamaha 650 that bike was a blast. I rode all over the Mississippi Gulf Coast
    Mkfchef likes this.
    If I’m ever on LIFE SUPPORT, UNPLUG ME. Then plug me back in... See if that works. Hidden Content

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

I am very slowly restoring a '73 CB500 Four which is older than I am.
    I consider it school-fees as I am learning a lot about mechanics and electrics and motorcycles and budgeting, and patience and...

Classics are a lot of fun, and with added nostalgia, I can't believe you'll go wrong. Keep us posted on what you end up picking up.
    Finally picked up a Tdub...

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I too am working on my 78 cb750 that I have owned for 32 years.

I own a 1981 seca 750, but it's just be stored without running for 8 years..... I think I could sell now if offered something more than a few hundred. OMM.

I love the Classis but lean heavily toward the English brands, Triumph, Norton, Royal Enfield of the early 1970s. When I see a well preserved or completely refurbished Norton Commando my heart skips a beat and I want it. Back in 1972 I purchased one of the first Kawasaki 750 H2 triples in these parts and loved the raw speed that engine produced but it was a terrible bike over all. The Jap bikes seemed to concern themselves with engines but left a lot to be desired in handling. Oddly, Harley's do nothing for me and never have.

GaryL
    Fred and TWilight like this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Nice thing about the old single cam CB'S is there are plenty of parts sources out there. Dime City Cycles here in Florida has all kinds of goodies to make rebuilds easy.
    Mr.Paynter likes this.

Yeah but try and find stock size pistons for a 78 cb 750. 77s yes but 78s were different.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    I love the Classis but lean heavily toward the English brands, Triumph, Norton, Royal Enfield of the early 1970s. When I see a well preserved or completely refurbished Norton Commando my heart skips a beat and I want it. Back in 1972 I purchased one of the first Kawasaki 750 H2 triples in these parts and loved the raw speed that engine produced but it was a terrible bike over all. The Jap bikes seemed to concern themselves with engines but left a lot to be desired in handling. Oddly, Harley's do nothing for me and never have.

GaryL
    I had the opportunity to ride a early 70s Norton in 1977 I was in the Air Force in Biloxi and a friend need to use my 55 Chevy to go home for the weekend. I rode his Norton all weekend. Very cool bike.
    If I’m ever on LIFE SUPPORT, UNPLUG ME. Then plug me back in... See if that works. Hidden Content

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

I've been working on a 1977 Honda 400F Super Sport. There is not much left to do. Once I rebuild the carbs I will be done.
    Mr.Paynter likes this.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links