Good Deal ??
Close

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gregfish

Thread: Good Deal ??

Good Deal ??

Last night I bought a 1996 XT 225. It has 2400 original miles on it. Still has the original tires ! They still have tread on them. I know we will have to change them but I thought it was neat. What a treat to meet Mr. Bob. He is 85 years old and was still riding. He told us about seeing On Any Sunday when it first came out! I got to see it first run at the Fox Theater in Atlanta ! His wife made him sell the bike so she wouldn't worry about him. He gave us his original bill of sale and information from when he bought it new. He showed us where he rode around his neighborhood and on some close trails. He told us he never got the bike into 6th gear. The bike has never been dropped. No scratches or dents. I like the bike but not as much as my TW. I bought it for my friend. He has always liked them and now he can ride one. If he likes it he can pay me for it however he pleases. It's fun to have someone to ride with. If he decides the bike is not for him I may sell it or keep it for visitors to ride. I paid $1200 for it. I think I did ok. Runs perfect and rides great. Tires and a little clean up and it will be ready to go. Mr. Bob was great at maintenance and keeping the bike in good shape. I hope I can ride when I'm 85. He tried to give us an old school metal flake glitter Bell open face helmet but we convinced him to keep it just in case. Mr. Bob would be welcome to ride with us any time. I truly hope that my buddy really enjoys it as much as I do my TW. Wish us luck ! Brian, I'm still figuring out the GoPro but when I do I'll post some videos. Sorry about the rambling but I'm really excited! A lot of this idea came from others on this forum and I thank you all. Greg
    ZDR1 likes this.

Your a good friend.

I am very fortunate and just glad that I could do it. It's going to be fun!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I'd be building TW225 with an extra clutch disc, kicker, and 6 speed trans. Friends are a dime a dozen.

rbm
    Sounds like a good deal, but,,, Pics or it didn't happen...

Very nice story Gregfish. So good on many levels. The XT225 should make a good complimentary ride with your TW. We have had a few rides with Boarder255 and his XT225 joining other TWs on both highway and tight nasty trails. Other than Dale not zooming off and leaving my TW behind on the highway it seemed a good match up.
    I doubt your buddy will think you are a dime a dozen after he swings a leg over that bike and rides with you.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Thanks for moving this. Sorry i put it in the wrong place.

Sponosred Links