Just lost the real deal on a bmw gs650g
Close

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By williamemack
  • 1 Post By old mad max

Thread: Just lost the real deal on a bmw gs650g

Just lost the real deal on a bmw gs650g

Hi guys: Am a little sick because there was a 2009 g650gs in I think great condition(super low miles and with luggage, etc.)in Damascus,Md. for 4,500. Came on line on 12/2 and being 4.5/5 hrs. from me, needed a friend to check it out. The price was so far under the bikes worth, I almost just purchased blind, but I'm too old and all to chance that. Am doing deep breathing now at having lost this bike. Closest to this I can get now is a 2011 closer, but near it's average at 6K +. This bike is better than the KLR in my opinion, in seating height being 31 or so and even more power. Again, a dual sport "Adventure" bike but light enough for moderate off road, and with ABS and heated hand grips standard.

The title should read: BMW G650GS (okay)
    Last edited by dogonit; 12-08-2014 at 11:00 AM.
    Just give me a minute while I collect my thoughts. They're around here somewhere. Maybe!

2013 TW200(Protaper SE ATV High handlebars, DID 428VX-X ring chain, Shinko Tires, K&N Air Filter, Seat Concepts "Grip" seat covering, Outlaw Racing Folding
    Gear shifter, My custom( long/thin) foot pegs, My custom(extended) Rear brake lever, Battery tender harness, Gel Battery, "Bikini" Bike rack, Mobil 1 4T synthetic, BLUE Ricochet Skid Plate , DG Exhaust & 15 Front Sproket.

winters in Sudbury, MA, summer on Squam Lake, NH
    Well, DOGONIT, I think you did the right thing. I'd always rather bitch about the price I paid for something than the quality nof what I got. Also, I'm not a religeous man, but when I lose a deal like this, I figure "it was meant to be". So cheer up. Something BETTER will come along!

Will
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.
    I sell TW200 stickers for $2.00ea. delivered. See Hidden Content for details. Hidden Content

2014 TW, DMO pegs, Yamaha rack, Doubletake mirrors, Jimbo shield, extended pilot screw, Snapback clock, Ebay risers, Seat Concepts, o-ring chain, Ricochet skidplate, brake leash, IMS folding shift lever, ProCycle tool tube, 130 main jet and two shims, route sheet holder, compass, temp/humidity
    indicator.

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    There will be bigger and better deals to come.

That price sounded too good to be true anyway.

Don't sweat it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

rbm
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty Blackstone View Post

Don't sweat it.
    This.

Don't sweat it.
    Hi Smitty: I actually had some interaction with the guy as I was probably one of the first to see the AD on Cycle Trader. I actually was the idiot who got him to post the picts, which then everyone could see it was a legit sale from some well off dude in upper Montgomery County, Md. The best deals always come on used anything from well off places. You don't buy used ATV's, Pickups, or Motorcyles at any discount in the "Outback", unless they are broken or very well used.
    Just give me a minute while I collect my thoughts. They're around here somewhere. Maybe!

2013 TW200(Protaper SE ATV High handlebars, DID 428VX-X ring chain, Shinko Tires, K&N Air Filter, Seat Concepts "Grip" seat covering, Outlaw Racing Folding
    Gear shifter, My custom( long/thin) foot pegs, My custom(extended) Rear brake lever, Battery tender harness, Gel Battery, "Bikini" Bike rack, Mobil 1 4T synthetic, BLUE Ricochet Skid Plate , DG Exhaust & 15 Front Sproket.

My wife and I always say, it's either meant to be or just let it go... I'm amazed how many times this has worked out for the better.. OMM.
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.

My hobby is collecting bikes. I cannot tell you how many of the "holy grail" deals I've missed. Some of them by minutes.

There's always another deal to be had.
    Sometimes you get lucky.
    My TW was a freaken steal. The bike had 2400 miles on it and was never ridden through a puddle. Drove from here to Rochester NY 5 hours one way to get it.
    All I did was wait and not look at anything unless it was perfect. The bike was actually BETTER than the pictures.

You have to sit on Craigslist or ebay and pounce when you find the right one.

Quote Originally Posted by dogonit View Post
    Hi Smitty: I actually had some interaction with the guy as I was probably one of the first to see the AD on Cycle Trader. I actually was the idiot who got him to post the picts, which then everyone could see it was a legit sale from some well off dude in upper Montgomery County, Md. The best deals always come on used anything from well off places. You don't buy used ATV's, Pickups, or Motorcyles at any discount in the "Outback", unless they are broken or very well used.

So very true.

Quote Originally Posted by old mad max View Post
    My wife and I always say, it's either meant to be or just let it go... I'm amazed how many times this has worked out for the better.. OMM.

My hobby is collecting bikes. I cannot tell you how many of the "holy grail" deals I've missed. Some of them by minutes.

There's always another deal to be had.
    Sometimes you get lucky.
    My TW was a freaken steal. The bike had 2400 miles on it and was never ridden through a puddle. Drove from here to Rochester NY 5 hours one way to get it.
    All I did was wait and not look at anything unless it was perfect. The bike was actually BETTER than the pictures.

You have to sit on Craigslist or ebay and pounce when you find the right one.
    I live in Rochester. Wish we could have met

Sponosred Links