Honda CB300F: Coming soon and might be the road bike for a TDubber
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Honda CB300F: Coming soon and might be the road bike for a TDubber

Honda CB300F: Coming soon and might be the road bike for a TDubber

Hi guys: This bike should be available probably early in the year. It is a 6 speed, single 286cc, liquid cooled, upright rider position, wet weight 348, with supposedly excellent counter-balancing to offset any vibration, and highway speed capability. While it puts out a modest 26.2 hp and 17.4 ft/lbs torque it seems to be adequately powerful, given initial reviews. For the TDubber looking for a light and similar riding position(seat @30.7 ") this might just be the item to check out and the 2015, it's first year the list looks to be coming in at just about $4K.
    Fred and Smitty Blackstone like this.
    Just give me a minute while I collect my thoughts. They're around here somewhere. Maybe!

2013 TW200(Protaper SE ATV High handlebars, DID 428VX-X ring chain, Shinko Tires, K&N Air Filter, Seat Concepts "Grip" seat covering, Outlaw Racing Folding
    Gear shifter, My custom( long/thin) foot pegs, My custom(extended) Rear brake lever, Battery tender harness, Gel Battery, "Bikini" Bike rack, Mobil 1 4T synthetic, BLUE Ricochet Skid Plate , DG Exhaust & 15 Front Sproket.

Interesting. Honda's build quality has always been very impressive. A naked bike I assume?
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Hi Fred: Yeah looks naked and nice. I might even bite!
    Just give me a minute while I collect my thoughts. They're around here somewhere. Maybe!

2013 TW200(Protaper SE ATV High handlebars, DID 428VX-X ring chain, Shinko Tires, K&N Air Filter, Seat Concepts "Grip" seat covering, Outlaw Racing Folding
    Gear shifter, My custom( long/thin) foot pegs, My custom(extended) Rear brake lever, Battery tender harness, Gel Battery, "Bikini" Bike rack, Mobil 1 4T synthetic, BLUE Ricochet Skid Plate , DG Exhaust & 15 Front Sproket.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

"Naked and nice" - a person could think we are a bunch of dirty old men talking about a girl. Gotta get my mind out of the gutter since gutter is flowing deep with rain run-off today.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    "Naked and nice" - a person could think we are a bunch of dirty old men talking about a girl. Gotta get my mind out of the gutter since gutter is flowing deep with rain run-off today.
    Well even though we aren't at the moment talking about "WOMEN" I can't claim that we aren't maybe dirty old men. Are we a bunch, a group, could we get Hoot and Qwerty and Dryden-Tdub and GaryL and some of the others to be so designated? If I left Borneo out he would post me out of existence. If we ever head for the gutter we will wipe out for sure. Happy Holidays.
    Dryden-Tdub likes this.

Yammie is coming out with a 300 sport bike for the kids... Looks slick. "NOT" for me. OMM.

Quote Originally Posted by old mad max View Post
    Yammie is coming out with a 300 sport bike for the kids... Looks slick. "NOT" for me. OMM.
    Yup, and the R3 is a 321cc parallel twin, not a thumper. Something like 41 claimed HP.

2011 TW200 - Sold - after 9700 miles and 1,000,000 smiles. So long Tee Dub!
    2012 KLR650
    - Sold
    2013 Tiger Explorer XC
    2014 CB500X - RRP L3

Go like hell, You'll get there quicker!

2005 BMWR12GS Rock Red 106k miles
    2013 TW200 - 8k- miles
    2018 X-MAX - 6k- miles

Hi Shag: Like the video. As DonBenito mentions, there are other rides in that cc bracket evolving. I for one am waiting to see what the 390 KTM Duke feels like as it will weigh in at just over 300lb. and about the same power as the Yamaha DonBenito was referrring to. However, I am looking for a mellow ride at this time in my life, with just a little more testosterone than zero, don't need to wheelie at 100 or even get to 100 anymore. Wouldn't be here if I tried. For a old fart like me, I may end up opting for a gentle road upgrade from my TW ramblings. I kind of like the 1 hp/ 10lb ratio but can roll with a bit more or less. Since I have a TW, I can obviously deal witha lot less, but the low weight and now the new TW 203/204 tires on the bike handles in ways i don't know I could make another bike work.l

Quote Originally Posted by dogonit View Post
    Well even though we aren't at the moment talking about "WOMEN" I can't claim that we aren't maybe dirty old men. Are we a bunch, a group, could we get Hoot and Qwerty and Dryden-Tdub and GaryL and some of the others to be so designated? If I left Borneo out he would post me out of existence. If we ever head for the gutter we will wipe out for sure. Happy Holidays.
    I vote for a "gaggle". We are the very definition in fact! As far as the gutter we would class that place up nicely

Tom
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links