I think I need to go to meetings.
Close

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By vanillagorilla1
  • 1 Post By vanillagorilla1
  • 1 Post By Borneo

Thread: I think I need to go to meetings.

I think I need to go to meetings.

I find myself building this 225 6 speed this winter and to be honest I'm not really sure why. I only weigh 125# so the stock motor moves me just fine, has a fresh rebuild, and has proven to be reliable, but I just cant help my self. being in my shop with wrenches seems to be where I like to be on cold dark days. Ive done this a time or two. who knows what will be next.

It all started with the scooter in my avatar pic. I have somehow lost the build pics, but that did have a built motor and was an absolute blast!

then I rebuild a monster several years back and here are just a couple shots

Untitled by dolphaxel, on Flickr

then the scooter had to go. I put 10K on that built motor with nothing but maintenance, but the auto clutch left me with some desire and lets face it I NEEDED A FIX! I have always liked hondas and for some reason these transverse twins intrigue me. ahead of their time I think and it really is a great machine. I ride this bike all over the state now and would go farther if i could set aside more time. It gets a reliable 65-70 MPG, carries my gear, water cooled, shaft drive, air suspension, blah blah blah.

Dryden-Tdub and kj7687 like this.
    93 tw. running like clockwork
    225 6 speed complete!
    82 honda gl500 silver wing. sold to a new home 11-24-17
    03 ducati monster 800sie. full rebuild and a danger to the public Hidden Content for sale

225 6 speed complete!
    03 ducati monster 800sie. full rebuild and a danger to the public Hidden Content for sale

and this this one followed me home. Actually thats not really far from the truth. It was free from a friend of a friend who didnt know what killed it.

and on a good day they all graze together. Ive since added a cycle rack and some other goodies as well as piled on some miles.

Dryden-Tdub likes this.
    225 6 speed complete!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Those are some nice builds for sure, I love the red truss frame on the duc, and that Transverse Honda is amazing. Maybe the 225 6 speed IS an intervention. Great project shots from the " gorilla garage "

Nice projects! I have always liked the transverse Hondas. Keep us posted on the 6 speed, I'm hoping to have mine completed this winter.

I have a CBX500 I'm working on right now. I bought it new in 1979. It's heading this direction.

Attachment 12192
    TopPredator likes this.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

I think the same type of mind that looks at a TW200 and says to itself, "damn that looks like fun", also enjoys occupying itself with technical inner workings such as those encountered in engine build projects. Good times indeed.
    KJ, just KJ, ok.

Current rides:
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500, 1999 Toyota 4Runner

Past rides: 2015 Yamaha XT 250, 1997 Suzuki DR 200, 2007 Honda Ruckus, 2007 Yamaha TW 200, 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 500, 2009 Kawasaki KLX331S; 1994 GMC Sierra 1500, 1987 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 Acura Integra, 1986 Honda CRX, 1989 Jeep Cherokee, 1994 Chevrolet Astro Van, 1979 Volkswagen Rabbit, 1984 Jeep Cherokee

Wish I knew how to find and post pics. Look at Moto Guzzi V700, Ambassador, El Dorado. V700 was first imported to the US in '67. 700cc's four speed Italian road bike. IMO they are the transverse V-Twin Shaft Drive innovators. Still making the awesome V-Twin shaft drive today. Their history is very lengthy. Love my Guzzi's.
    Tom in Wichita

78 Moto Guzzi SP1000
    87 Yamaha TW200
    99 Yamaha TW200
    03 Honda Shadow Spirit (girlfriend's ride)
    74 Moto Guzzi Eldorado Police model (in many pieces)

Sponosred Links