Survival bike anyone?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Survival bike anyone?

Survival bike anyone?

TopPredator likes this.

IMG_0270.JPG I'll stick with my zombie apocalypse TW

I can't believe these things keep coming up everywhere. Every forum I am a part of someone brings these things up. I wanna see someone actually pedal that thing more than 50 yards.
    williamemack likes this.
    93 tw. running like clockwork
    225 6 speed complete!
    82 honda gl500 silver wing. sold to a new home 11-24-17
    03 ducati monster 800sie. full rebuild and a danger to the public Hidden Content for sale

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by vanillagorilla1 View Post
    I wanna see someone actually pedal that thing more than 50 yards.
    The main (and probably the only) point in having pedals is so these Motopeds can be considered to be mopeds. In California, mopeds (with certain restrictions) can be driven on the street without vehicle licensing, registration or a motorcycle license endorsement.

Quote Originally Posted by TW-Brian View Post
    The main (and probably the only) point in having pedals is so these Motopeds can be considered to be mopeds. In California, mopeds (with certain restrictions) can be driven on the street without vehicle licensing, registration or a motorcycle license endorsement.
    alright fair is fair. However for my curiosity help me to understand. I live in washington and have an endorsement/ registered bike. the TW costs me about 35 bucks a year to register and my endorsement divided amongst years is 5 bucks per year. So I'm at 40 bucks a year and I can literally go anywhere I want to unless I need a USFS or discover pass which I have for other endeavors. Lets also throw in the cost of a tw and for easy math lets say 1500 bucks will buy you a good runner but not a looker that is a few years older. These motopeds go for 2k plus depending on model and you have to buy your own motor. Lets call that 3k total before I'm riding down the road with a smile. So to break even 1500 for the bike plus 40 TIMES 37 YEARS= appx. 3000. Im not denying that they look kinda cool and sure there are a few more factors, but it doesnt seem to be saving me folds of cash either. Now if I may I know CA has higher costs of, well, everything. What does it cost you folks to enjoy your TW per year minus the bike. Now before I start a war please understand that I am only curious and fully get that different folks like different things.
    Hekkler likes this.
    93 tw. running like clockwork
    225 6 speed complete!
    82 honda gl500 silver wing. sold to a new home 11-24-17
    03 ducati monster 800sie. full rebuild and a danger to the public Hidden Content for sale

I just re-registered 3 TW's yesterday - an '87, '01, and '05.

They were $95.00 each.

My bike in the previous post (camo TW), is shown with 2 full size military backpacks with 140 lbs. of apples. Add my weight of 295 and my hunting partner of about 225 = roughly 660 lbs. give or take. Not counting 2 compound bows and a smaller day pack each, probably another 20 pounds "ish". I'd like to see someone load that moped up with nearly 700 lbs. of gear and try to "bug out". I guess if my life depended on it, I KNOW which rig I'm taking.

P.S. we usually haul down the gravel road at 25-35 mph to the tree stand with said weight for about 2 miles to the tree stand. Never any problems.

Plates for my TW in MI are
    23$ I pay for recreation pass port 5$= 28$. Passport allows free entry and parking at state parks and other state areas.
    Off-road permits are
    26.25$ for off-road. But it's another 10$ to ride the designated trails. So it's really 36.25. Because you need the 26.25 to get the 10 permit. Kind off a rip off to some. Because, some counties allow ORV to ride on the side of road without a plate. But a street legal bike needs a plate and ORV permit just to get the trail permit. So I'll be paying 64.25$ this year cause I'm Going on a trail! I'll support those things that I believe we have a right to and a need to have, State and US: land and water access.
    I also wonder why if it's an apocalypse their worried about fee's.

Rivershot did say "LOL". These "PED's" are kool toys, & come with a kool toy price!

It would be VERY difficult to come up with a better survival / bug-out / apocalypse / dooms day / red dawn / alien invasion / mother-in-law coming to dinner escape vehicle than the TW, & a good pair of LPC's (leather personal carriers)... JMHO. m.

Quote Originally Posted by mhomadness View Post
    Rivershot did say "LOL". These "PED's" are kool toys, & come with a kool toy price!

It would be VERY difficult to come up with a better survival / bug-out / apocalypse / dooms day / red dawn / alien invasion / mother-in-law coming to dinner escape vehicle than the TW, & a good pair of LPC's (leather personal carriers)... JMHO. m.
    Thanks for noticing the LOL, if this site had a Stupid Stuff section I would have put it there.
    mhomadness likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links