My 78 CB 750K
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: My 78 CB 750K

My 78 CB 750K

About 15 years ago I pulled the motor out of my 750 hoping to freshen it up and fix a few small issues.Well the bike is still in pieces and I can't stop thinking about getting her back together so I started gathering parts and yesterday I ordered a big bore kit because I couldn't find the 1st over size pistons I was hoping to put in.All thats left now is some bearings and the primary chain and my baby will live again.I got the bike when I was 17 and I turn 50 this summer and my daughter is 17 now so it seems that this is the year.I can't wait to hear the sound of that old 750 again.
    I just hope my wife doesn't find all the receipts or I may never ride again.

Haha, my 77 KZ has been in a few pieces for a little over a year now, hope I dont go a full 17 years like you
    jtomelliott49 likes this.
    Hidden Content

2009 TW200 "Cracker" - His fun ADV bike
    2006 TW200 "Blue" - Her fun ADV bike
    2011 XL1200X "48" - My cool bike
    1977 KZ650 - My vintage sport bike

If your wife finds the receipts, let me know. I'll send you the financing contract for my '14 CB1100.

Looking forward to pics from the maiden ride.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ssgtrillium View Post
    I just hope my wife doesn't find all the receipts or I may never ride again.
    Scared?
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

Question on the 750's. I've had older ones and recently sat on one of the new classic 1100's at the dealer. It felt different, like the seat wasn't high enough or the pegs needed to be lowered or something. It wasn't comfortable to me ergonomically, but they used to be...what's up?
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Piston kit came today.Just need a few more bits and pieces...Can hardly wait.

I dropped the cylinders off to get bored out this week.Getting closer.

Hey LT..... maybe you don't fit the bike like you used to????? Rather than the bike not fitting you????? I know I don't fit many things like I used to. lol I have a moto centric bag on the back of my 99 TW...I have trouble getting my leg over top of it if I don't take special effort. And I used to be able to "swing up" on a 15 hand horse without any trouble. Just sayin'.
    littletommy likes this.
    Tom in Wichita

78 Moto Guzzi SP1000
    87 Yamaha TW200
    99 Yamaha TW200
    03 Honda Shadow Spirit (girlfriend's ride)
    74 Moto Guzzi Eldorado Police model (in many pieces)

Quote Originally Posted by jtomelliott49 View Post
    Hey LT..... maybe you don't fit the bike like you used to????? Rather than the bike not fitting you????? I know I don't fit many things like I used to. lol I have a moto centric bag on the back of my 99 TW...I have trouble getting my leg over top of it if I don't take special effort. And I used to be able to "swing up" on a 15 hand horse without any trouble. Just sayin'.

Tom, you are probably exactly right. I have always loved those old CB's and back when I had them, I was a hundred lbs. lighter, much younger and more limber etc. I was just surprised when I sat on one at the dealer, it felt like it was 3 inches different and my legs were cramped up?? Even now though, I'd still like to have another one. Wonder if the seat height is the same as the old ones from the 70's? The new one's also felt like they had softer suspensions.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Are you going to go all out and update the swingarm bushings and steering head bearings? I was happy to find out most of the little tricks could still be had on-line.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links