TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Philip Funnell

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  bumpstop 
#1 · (Edited)
Today I had the absolute pleasure of meeting motorcyclist legend Philip Funnel. This morning I pulled into the parking lot of my local Pro Cycle motorcycle dealer and noticed a strange motorcycle that I had seen on the web before. It belonged to Philip and he had stopped in to get some signal lights to repair the two broken ones on the bike and was on his way to NFLD and Labrador...the only places he has not yet been in Canada.
For those of you who have never heard of the man he is quite the motorcyclist,a member of the Motorcycle Hall of Fame, who has made two round the world trips and is about to venture off on his third at the young age of 80.
Redirect Notice
http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...q_g6X0mAMBNF4Sno95U39-w&bvm=bv.96783405,d.cWw

Needless to say I had a very interesting chat with the gentleman that ended much to soon. His mode of transportation is without a doubt one of the most interesting touring motorcycles on the road today. And it is only 250cc's and a Yamaha to boot. It once again proves that you don't need a large displacement motorcycle to tour.

The pod attached to the bike doubles as a trailer and bunk.
Motor vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Fuel tank Car

Automotive exterior Vehicle Bumper Auto part Car
No gps for this man...old school maps all the way...around the world going on three times!!
Vehicle Recreation Water transportation
The man himself. A true adventurer!! I can only hope to live that long and still be in the great game of motorcycling even if only in a small way. As you can probably tell I was quite impressed and inspired.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
#3 ·
I have had the pleasure of sitting down with Phil and talking at length. He is quit the interesting guy. I first meet him at an Idaho BMW rally called the Stanley stomp. since then i have seen him in a number of states/ rallies and he is always a pleasure to talk to. First he was riding an old airhead, last year was a Yamaha 250 ? under that machine he is on now. Fun guy indeed to visit with, keep it up Phil and hope to see you in Idaho again this year Travel safe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.