OUCH you, no good $on0@---
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: OUCH you, no good [email protected]

OUCH you, no good [email protected]

I was looking through some old pics the other day and came across a bike I bought new in 1973 to get to work & school . She was a beauty, fast, shiny, and the star of the school bike park, but she was mean. I would see other guys looking through the fence at her, having no idea that with one half hearted stroke of her kick starter she could send them off limping and whimpering. She could kickback so hard the back of your heel would hit the exhaust guard and bleed through your sock. But most times it was a bruise to your instep*through*your*converse sneakers. I can remember my mom asking me "why are you limping " it's nothing, I'm ok " she wouldn't have understood anyway. *
    Here she is a 1973 yamaha rt 360*

*So I was wondering if any other members have had a similar love/hate relationship w/ a mean spirited *old flame...?

My bro had a rat RD360 desert racer , it was an animal. With a erratic CDI we had to kick it a lot, and it indeed kicked back. I remember funky ergonomics, strange saddle seat, odd bar bend, humongous IMS gas tank and thirst to match. I remember usually running out of real estate before getting into top gear.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

rbm
    I remember the kickback well! I had one for a bit years ago. Actually had it run backwards once, almost stalled and didn't realize it had started running backwards until I went to take off. SLAM went the coin purse into the tank! The surprise wheelies were the best/worst...

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Blueduce View Post
    I was looking through some old pics the other day and came across a bike I bought new in 1973 to get to work & school . She was a beauty, fast, shiny, and the star of the school bike park, but she was mean. I would see other guys looking through the fence at her, having no idea that with one half hearted stroke of her kick starter she could send them off limping and whimpering. She could kickback so hard the back of your heel would hit the exhaust guard and bleed through your sock. But most times it was a bruise to your instep*through*your*converse sneakers. I can remember my mom asking me "why are you limping " it's nothing, I'm ok " she wouldn't have understood anyway. *
    Here she is a 1973 yamaha rt 360*

*So I was wondering if any other members have had a similar love/hate relationship w/ a mean spirited *old flame...?

"Back in the day" this was one of my favorite machines...
    TopPredator likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Those 70's Yamaha's were dream bikes for me. I did have friends who owned them and I enjoyed riding them. Check out this picture that I found on Washington Area Trail Riders website. Is this guy cool or what!!!

image.jpg

oh yea I remember....a friend of mine asked me one day "why are you push starting that thing" I said it sometimes kicks back and so if I am in a place I can push start it i will, well he called me a wuss and said I can kick start that.....I said ok give it a tryon the first try it kicked back so hard that his knee hit him in his forehead and he screamed like a little girl...I laughed so hard I thought I was going to pass out...my name for this bike was the "willderbeast"
    87tw,08 klr650,00dr200,76tl250,73cl175 scrambler,75tl250,76tl125,1960 cushman trailster,

Quote Originally Posted by 66roadkill66 View Post
    oh yea I remember....a friend of mine asked me one day "why are you push starting that thing" I said it sometimes kicks back and so if I am in a place I can push start it i will, well he called me a wuss and said I can kick start that.....I said ok give it a tryon the first try it kicked back so hard that his knee hit him in his forehead and he screamed like a little girl...I laughed so hard I thought I was going to pass out...my name for this bike was the "willderbeast"
    OMG RoadKill. I LMAO on that one. I so went there
    66roadkill66 and littletommy like this.

1974 SC-500MX. Never try to kick one over wearing tennis shoes!
    TopPredator and TWilight like this.

Back in the 70's, I rode a Hodaka Ace 100. My buddy let me ride his Yamaha 175 Enduro which was ported, polished, with tuned exhaust. Very narrow powerband. I took off in first gear slowly, then opened the throttle. It was a dog till it hit the powerband......flipped me over backward so fast I didn't have time for nuthin'...... Still laughing about that. Good times.
    Tom in Wichita

78 Moto Guzzi SP1000
    87 Yamaha TW200
    99 Yamaha TW200
    03 Honda Shadow Spirit (girlfriend's ride)
    74 Moto Guzzi Eldorado Police model (in many pieces)

Shop I worked at had a 1980 FXDWG trade in. Kicker only and all the sales guys were afraid to start it. Guess it scuffed their loafers. Anyhow if a customer wanted to look at it they called me. Tickle the carb,bring the cylinders past tdc and give it a good stiff leg kick with your weight behind it. Couple of good kicks and it would light right off.
    littletommy and TWilight like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links