New royal-enfield-himalayan ADV bike.
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: New royal-enfield-himalayan ADV bike.

New royal-enfield-himalayan ADV bike.

Looks interesting... for some reason, it looks heavy too.

Good bet we won't see it over here.
    '12 Suzuki V-Strom DL650
    '96 Suzuki DR650
    '92 Yamaha TW200
    Hidden Content - Organize your rides online!

Now that looks like a proper air-cooled adventure bike. Taking the 410cc to the Himalayas or on Twilight"s Alaska sojourn would combine a nice combination of adventurous challenge with capable practicality. Enough bike to keep out of trouble without softening the sense of adventure too much. Nice racks front and rear.
    ZDR1 likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

ICB has unearthed details about the Himalayan and we have even managed to put together these inputs into an speculative rendering. This rendering shows the path that Royal Enfield may soon tread on to expand its market in a big way. The company also plans to use the new bike to cater to traditional Enfield owners who are now slowly moving away from the brand. The Indian market is seeing an explosion of very capable and affordable bikes that are used to commute on the weekdays and tour on the weekends. This has been the brand’s traditional market for at least the last two decades. Feeling the heat, the company wants to be the new cool once again, and what’s cooler than the new Royal Enfield Himalayan adventure motorcycle?

From the render we have put together, a few things stand out. The Himalayan will still be a very Royal Enfield bike at heart. It will attract the young and adventurous but will also please the retro bike seekers with its styling. The design of the bike would be a combination of form and function. Think of it as the Triumph Tiger meeting a Royal Enfield Classic. Retaining the traditional RE design traits while achieving the stance of an adventure tourer would give Himalayan the right kind of retro look and feel. The company plans to use its extensive touring experience to build a bike that will take it all. The Indian marque runs tours to places where most other bikes seldom go. With the premise that “If a bike can survive road conditions across India, it can survive anything.”, the company will give the Himalayan specific inputs.

The expected inputs are a long travel suspension, a tough frame that can take some beating off the road, tyres in a size that have a wide range of upgrade options, a long wide seat that can carry two adults, mounting points for pannier boxes, powerful headlamps, a tall ground clearance, a large fuel tank for a good touring range, multiple trip meters, an upright riding position to offer maximum comfort over long distances, a fairing that keeps the wind blast away from the rider’s chest and head, and an exhaust that is high enough not to scrape itself silly on every other corner. These changes can be made on the current Royal Enfields also. But the company will not take the beaten path. It has plans to engineer a completely new platform around the Himalayan brand name, a platform that will form its new range of tourers.

I don't know about that low-hanging exhaust, routed under the engine... Not sure I could take it seriously because of that issue. If they changed the exhaust, I COULD be very interested.
    Last edited by kj7687; 07-30-2015 at 01:16 AM.
    KJ, just KJ, ok.

Current rides:
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500, 1999 Toyota 4Runner

Past rides: 2015 Yamaha XT 250, 1997 Suzuki DR 200, 2007 Honda Ruckus, 2007 Yamaha TW 200, 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 500, 2009 Kawasaki KLX331S; 1994 GMC Sierra 1500, 1987 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 Acura Integra, 1986 Honda CRX, 1989 Jeep Cherokee, 1994 Chevrolet Astro Van, 1979 Volkswagen Rabbit, 1984 Jeep Cherokee

Quote Originally Posted by kj7687 View Post
    I don't know about that low-hanging exhaust, routed under the engine... Not sure I could take it seriously because of that issue. If they changed the exhaust, I COULD be very interested.
    From the few picture I observed it looks like it runs alongside the right edge of the skid plate not at all under the engine. The exhaust, to me at least, looks like the only unfinished part of that bike, so who knows for sure. I really like it myself. Well except for the fact that Royal Enfield produces it.....

Tom
    jb882 likes this.
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Anything produced in India has to be able to be fixed with a flathead screw driver and a rock.

Would I buy one ? – No – because they’re built at the factory - with a flathead screw driver and a rock ………….
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Here are some more pictures of it, the exhaust is for sure very vulnerable.
    Royal Enfield 'Himalayan' Adventure Bike Spotted; Launch Next Year - News

It looks neat but its still a Royal Enfield and most likely comes with the classic Royal Enfield reliability which means wrenching on it a lot.
    littletommy likes this.
    Pair of 2006 TW's modded to the hilt and a Ducati Multistrada.

Hidden Content

littletommy likes this.
    Hidden Content

2009 TW200 "Cracker" - His fun ADV bike
    2006 TW200 "Blue" - Her fun ADV bike
    2011 XL1200X "48" - My cool bike
    1977 KZ650 - My vintage sport bike

Hah, did you catch the RE backpedal to try and save the promo video fail?

"A Royal Enfield spokesman confirmed we are seeing the peg snap in the video and said: 'This was a very early prototype which we were happy to test to the point of breakage.'

In a post responding to comments on the video on YouTube, Royal Enfield wrote: 'This testing proved to us that if you land from a jump that's 6ft above ground, the footpeg could break, so we made it better and did it all over again and again before we broke out with the #Himalayan.'"

Nice try guys. You had one chance to make a great first impression and failed.
    littletommy likes this.
    '01 TW200, '03 Z1000, '09 KLR 650, '13 CRF250L

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links