Like Tree14Likes
  • 6 Post By WECSOG
  • 1 Post By littletommy
  • 2 Post By GaryL
  • 1 Post By Fred
  • 4 Post By WECSOG

Thread: motorcycle engine that runs on water

motorcycle engine that runs on water

Last edited by Point37; 08-04-2015 at 12:08 PM.

I have a two stroke engine that runs on water.

sportwin.jpg
    '87 TW200
    '94 Sportster 1200
    '74 XL70 Frankenbike
    '76 CT90
    '72 CT70
    '72 XL250

I posted this a while back in the hopes that Gerry would get right on it for us!!

https://tw200forum.com/forum/performa...ight-away.html
    TWilight likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WECSOG View Post
    I have a two stroke engine that runs on water.

sportwin.jpg
    One of my all time favorite outboard motors! 9.5 or 9.9 HP depending on the year and could be the definition of Bullet Proof!

Some how it kind of figures a guy who has that old Evinrude would appreciate the TW. Old school simplicity that just works. That is my other hobby, buy, fix and flip older OMC outboards.

Not too sure i can believe in the motor that does fire on water. Water does not burn and cannot be compressed so I have to think there is a good deal more to this.

GaryL
    littletommy and WECSOG like this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    One of my all time favorite outboard motors! 9.5 or 9.9 HP depending on the year and could be the definition of Bullet Proof!

Some how it kind of figures a guy who has that old Evinrude would appreciate the TW. Old school simplicity that just works. That is my other hobby, buy, fix and flip older OMC outboards.

Not too sure i can believe in the motor that does fire on water. Water does not burn and cannot be compressed so I have to think there is a good deal more to this.

GaryL
    Mine is a 9.5. They are even more bulletproof than the 9.9 because they are so lightly stressed. Max Wawrzyniak says they actually produce less than 8 hp. That's enough to push either of my two 14' aluminum V-hull boats without using too much fuel.
    '87 TW200
    '94 Sportster 1200
    '74 XL70 Frankenbike
    '76 CT90
    '72 CT70
    '72 XL250

"This does not pass the smell test. The average motorcycles gets about 35 to 40 mpg (gasoline), but let's say his bike gets 60 mpg. The approximate energy equivalence is about 1 kilogram (Kg) of hydrogen equals 1 gallon of gasoline. So it would take 1 Kg of hydrogen for his bike to travel 60 miles and a little more than 5 Kg to travel 310 miles. The first problem is that 1 Liter of water contains about 0.11 Kg of hydrogen (the rest oxygen; 0.89 Kg). So this 0.11 Kg of hydrogen from 1 Liter of water would only take the bike about 7 miles well short of 310 miles. The second problem is an average 120 amp-hours car battery contains about 1.4 kilowatt-hours of energy and since it takes about 50 kilowatt-hours to produce 1 Kg of hydrogen a single charged car battery will only produce about 0.028 Kg of hydrogen, only enough for his bike to travel about 1.7 miles. In total it would actually take about 44 liters of water and 180 car battery charges to generate enough hydrogen to travel 310 mile"---my favorite quote from the website's responses. Indeed the math doesn't add up.
    Sao Paulo's River Tete is far and away the nastiest, most polluted body of water I have ever seen, vastly exceeding Rio's Lagoon (stage for some of the summer olympic competitions) where viral counts are 1.7million times stronger than the level which closes southern california beaches. I was watching a dredging operation there once and the number of murdered bodies brought up really slowed down operations when the police would notice and try to retrieve remains. Yuuck! Some of Rio's beaches have the "Black Tide" where eddies of untreated sewage from some eight million plus folks occasionally hug the coast. I won't mention the smells.
    Last edited by Fred; 08-04-2015 at 05:31 PM.
    WECSOG likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Here's another engine that runs on water. Of course the water must first be processed, but I could take a page from the hydrogen fuellies' playbook and kinda' gloss over that part.

Unnews_steam_engine.jpg
    '87 TW200
    '94 Sportster 1200
    '74 XL70 Frankenbike
    '76 CT90
    '72 CT70
    '72 XL250

Sponosred Links