TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Borneo- Have you got that money in your pocket?

3K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  WECSOG 
#1 ·
I just wondered if that money is burning a hole in your pocket to go pick out that Harley 48 Tomorrow morning?
Everybody had plenty comments about them, so you better not show the color on this forum, until you have had it long enough so as not to be able to return it!
Mel

#9 ·
I don't know where the center pegs mount on some 1200 models but if the frame is the same on the 48, you might be able to add center pegs to stand on and keep your forward controls. I did this on a '63 panhead I built as a custom bike but felt the need to have center pegs for emergency low center of gravity handling when needed. It also gave me more riding positions for long distance rides.

#4 ·
There are no lowering pegs available, you could go with a higher seat, but that's about it. The loss of control with the forward pegs, if you have to get them, is not going to make you happy B. Off the tarmac feels sketchy (even gravel roads) with the loss of control you will feel. If I could have the standard pegs on mine, I'd keep my Sportster, because it is a real dependable bike.

#5 ·
Thats why your selling yours? Dude, get on XLfourum.net and you can trade your forwards for mids with someone. Bet you could have a deal done before the end of the week.

Borneo, same to you. If forwards dont work swapping for mids is a piece of cake.

#8 ·
Bro, I appreciate you looking those up. I've seen those and have put my feet about where they would be and I just don't think it is enough to be able to lift myself off the seat for bumps and potholes. The roads here in town suck, plain and simple. Even though the front and rear have been changed to progressive springs and shocks, the ride is still not user friendly for me. It's too hard of a ride for my bulged disc in my back and my bad hip. I need a bike with more suspension and travel. I would love a mini V-Strom, but have to work with whatever I can get out of the Harley. So the only other options I see that I will be able to afford is a DR 650 or a KLR 650. I really want the V-Strom, but probably won't be able to afford one.

Reactions: Hoot Gibson
#11 ·
This is exactly what I'm in the process of doing to my 02. 04 and up take-off mid controls are all over ebay in the $150 range. The solid mount ones, not so much, unless you spend $200-300.

My issue with the forwards is an old injury (broke my tail bone), I can only ride about an hour and, I need to get off and walk in circles for 10 min. I should have done this when I first bought the bike last year. I made the mistake of listening to other people rather than my own "ass" but, now at least, I have 3 seats to choose from. lol.

Yes you can change any thing on a Sporty but I have yet to find any of it cheap, my $55 bars cost me $250 in cables, grips and brake line. I'll save the cost of lighting upgrades for another time.

Reactions: Smitty Blackstone
#12 ·
When do you go look at the bike, Borneo? I am curious what you will think...

#14 ·
#17 ·
Dang you guys.

A few days ago you had me drooling over a TLR200 (now my little bro wants that bike too)...

1986 honda TLR 200

Love to have it, but I think too much $$$ ???

And now you gone and got me thinking about rattin' out that $162 (a repo deal of the wife's ;)) 2004or5 1200 Sporty Custom that is just sitting in the shed. Was going to part it, but now.....

Why, oh why did I sell off all those S&S carbs. :mad:

Because SU's look sooo much better on a Shovel. :cool:

But still. Dang it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.