Harley-Davidson's 2016 models get power boost.
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Harley-Davidson's 2016 models get power boost.

Harley-Davidson's 2016 models get power boost.

1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Funny they never say what the power is. Not that it matters, Harley's are not really about power. If you want a high powered machine your likely not in the market for a twin cam Harley.

I do wonder if it is a attempt to get back a few lost sales to Victory (myself included). But again power was not my deciding factor. I was fine with even the 96cubic inch harley motor, for me it was the fact that the freedom 106 Vic motor was better engineered ran cooler and was easier to maintain.

What I do find interesting is the supposed updated sporty suspension. That if done right could make the sportys a lot more appealing.
    TWilight and littletommy like this.
    2017 Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT

2010 Yamaha TW200

2016 Polaris Sportsman 450 HO

2005 Yamaha Bruin 350 4x4

Bring back the Sportster Sport!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Harley dosnt publish horsepower, they do publish torque though. The 110 makes 109 ft-lbs @ 3500 RPM. Was curious what the 8 ball made, Victory doesnt publish ANY power specs.

I really dont know much about the big twins so I cant really say anything about em. The changes on the sporty are interesting but not interesting enough to make me want one, Ill keep mine
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.
    Hidden Content

2009 TW200 "Cracker" - His fun ADV bike
    2006 TW200 "Blue" - Her fun ADV bike
    2011 XL1200X "48" - My cool bike
    1977 KZ650 - My vintage sport bike

image.jpg
    The freedom 106/6 in the Vegas or any of there cruiser model bikes post 2010 makes 110lbs/tq as claimed by the manufacturer in most of there adds. The touring bikes make I believe 106lbs/tq.

Those victory adds are why I question if Harley is after lost sales to victory. They have been touting the performance "advantage" for years and now Harley is coming back saying they have increased there's.

But like I said these bikes are not about power and what not. And power is not want I think really sways potential buyers one way or the other (just look at the sales failure of Harley's v-rod series despite out performing the rest of there lineup). Performance is certainly not what swayed me to the victory. (Physical fit, smarter design, better cooling, superior value, and easier Maintenance). I have ridden most of Harley's line up over the years (the dealers my neighbour) and though I do like many Harley models there is yet to be a big twin or sporty that ticks enuff boxes for me to pull the trigger. I came close twice once with a Buell xb12ss (opted to keep the v-strom I had) and again recently with a dyna street bob (opted for the victory for above mentioned reasons).

If all out performance is what Cruisers riders were looking for it would not be cruisers they would shop for.
    2017 Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT

2010 Yamaha TW200

2016 Polaris Sportsman 450 HO

2005 Yamaha Bruin 350 4x4

Usually with Harley v-twins. Horsepower is slightly less than that of the torque figure. They need more torque than horsepower because of the number of dead revolutions between twin cylinder fires. The usual dynamics of a four stroke engine first you have fire then you have exhaust stroke then you have intake stroke then you have compression then you finally get a powerstroke. Not conducive to high horse power high rpm. But they sound beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by TWROG View Post
    Harley dosnt publish horsepower, they do publish torque though. The 110 makes 109 ft-lbs @ 3500 RPM. Was curious what the 8 ball made, Victory doesnt publish ANY power specs.

I really dont know much about the big twins so I cant really say anything about em. The changes on the sporty are interesting but not interesting enough to make me want one, Ill keep mine
    From what i could find hardley's 110 makes 95 hp,110 torques, while the victory has 98 hp and 106 torques. So near as makes no difference the same power...

Quote Originally Posted by Xracer View Post
    Bring back the Sportster Sport!
    Yeah...the Sportster Sport and the Sport Scout!
    "Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."
    - Hunter S. Thompson

“It’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"The less horsepower a motorcycle has, the more it can teach you.” - Ben Bostrom

And though a mountain may rise up and smack the livin' shit outta me,
    and wad up my bike somethin' awful...
    Still, I rise!
    (With apologies to Maya Angelou)

"Give a Damn"
    - C. M. Howe, Jr.

Hidden Content

Ive never seen a bagger that caught my eye from any manufacture.....so Ill let yall hash that out

An interesting note when going over the new specs. Ive yet to hear anyone talk about, the sporty LOST 10 pounds! I think that is a first for Harley, theyve never lost weight
    Hidden Content

2009 TW200 "Cracker" - His fun ADV bike
    2006 TW200 "Blue" - Her fun ADV bike
    2011 XL1200X "48" - My cool bike
    1977 KZ650 - My vintage sport bike

Quote Originally Posted by TWROG View Post
    Ive never seen a bagger that caught my eye from any manufacture.....so Ill let yall hash that out

An interesting note when going over the new specs. Ive yet to hear anyone talk about, the sporty LOST 10 pounds! I think that is a first for Harley, theyve never lost weight
    Just hope they did not get the weight savings by using cheaper parts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links