Yamaha's New YXZ1000R Sport Side-By-Side
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Yamaha's New YXZ1000R Sport Side-By-Side

Yamaha's New YXZ1000R Sport Side-By-Side

kj7687 likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Nice but for 20k I could buy several Dubs or KLR's and farkle them into anything.
    littletommy and scotti158 like this.

I would get a used Jeep Rubicon two door and have more fun.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Of course there are lots of alternative ways to have fun with spent money, but I for one really like this thing, a lot! Sure you can go used and custom-built on a light pickup or whatever... But then you are getting...a) used, and b) custom (which potentially means headaches later on). I like that you can buy one of these, load it onto a trailer, and go race in Baja. That's legit. One aspect of this vehicle that I REALLY like is the real, five speed manual gearbox. That is totally bad ass in one of these IMO! I also like that, even though it's clearly designed for high speed desert stuff, they still built in 4wd locking diffs, so that you can do the rock crawling thing, too. The motor is sweet too. From what I understand (haven't really looked into it, so this could be rumor), it's basically a big-bore R1 motor with one cylinder chopped off; perfect setup for the application! For sure I could see myself buying one of these...after about 6 motorcycles, at least one rock crawler/camp Jeep, a nice heavy duty pickup truck, and an econobox commuter. That might make it sound like I'm not interested. But if you know me, then you know I'll have scores of toys like this if I ever strike it rich. So being in the top ten means a lot!

Right now I think it's totally awesome, but if something like this were to follow a path akin to that of vehicles like the Ariel Atom/KTM crossbow... Just imagine a 50 state street legal YXZ 1000!
    Last edited by kj7687; 09-03-2015 at 11:45 PM.
    KJ, just KJ, ok.

Current rides:
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500, 1999 Toyota 4Runner

Past rides: 2015 Yamaha XT 250, 1997 Suzuki DR 200, 2007 Honda Ruckus, 2007 Yamaha TW 200, 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 500, 2009 Kawasaki KLX331S; 1994 GMC Sierra 1500, 1987 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 Acura Integra, 1986 Honda CRX, 1989 Jeep Cherokee, 1994 Chevrolet Astro Van, 1979 Volkswagen Rabbit, 1984 Jeep Cherokee

Quote Originally Posted by Xracer View Post
    Nice but for 20k I could buy several Dubs or KLR's and farkle them into anything.
    If o could plate it and ride here to there it would be worth it. Need to move to AZ.
    Mark Flanagan
    aka OILHED
    2014 Yamaha TW200 &
    2001 BMW R1150GS

Quote Originally Posted by oilhed View Post
    If o could plate it and ride here to there it would be worth it. Need to move to AZ.
    Can't do it in Florida ( I've Checked ) but it make you wonder with a good set of street tires how it would do?

Quote Originally Posted by kj7687 View Post
    ...I like that you can buy one of these, load it onto a trailer, and go race in Baja. That's legit. One aspect of this vehicle that I REALLY like is the real, five speed manual gearbox. That is totally bad ass in one of these IMO! I also like that, even though it's clearly designed for high speed desert stuff, they still built in 4wd locking diffs, so that you can do the rock crawling thing, too. The motor is sweet too...
    +1

They highlighted this in my local newspaper recently. Manual 5-speed with foot clutch! Just looking at the 3-cylinder engine with tuned equal length exhaust got my dune running days flashing through my head. Sweet!

kj7687 likes this.
    TW200 "Little Brute" is gone - Waiting to see what 2016 brings (WR250R/CRF250 RALLY/KTM390/Africa Twin or E-bicycle?)

Quote Originally Posted by oilhed View Post
    If you plate it in a state with lax laws, could you then transfer the plate to other states?

Quote Originally Posted by methamphetasaur View Post
    If you plate it in a state with lax laws, could you then transfer the plate to other states?
    I don't think so. I even doubt you could plate it in AZ and then drive cross country. It's just not an approved MV.
    Mark Flanagan
    aka OILHED
    2014 Yamaha TW200 &
    2001 BMW R1150GS

I think one would get to meet many a law enforcement personnel on a cross country drive even if it was plated. Side by sides are common on the public roads around Moab and I see many here on back roads where there is little if any regulatory enforcement.
    Nicely evolved machine, these things are getting quite sophisticated.
    kj7687 likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links