• 4 Post By Mrs. Admiral
  • 2 Post By admiral
  • 2 Post By SanDue
  • 1 Post By phelonius
  • 5 Post By Mrs. Admiral

Thread: The Polaris Ace...900!

Senior Member Leisure Time Larry's Avatar

The Polaris Ace...900!

I would let one of you buy me this to have in Moab along with my TW.

If you are unfamiliar with the Ace... it is a single seat UTV, a sit-in with a cage machine that is driven with a steering wheel and not ridden atop like a quad with handlebars, that is 48" trails (quad width) compliant.

Introduced just a couple of years ago by Polaris with a newly designed engine of 325cc producing 32hp, a fairly tame motor that cranks up the power throughout its rpm range. IMHO, it was designed to be a great starter machine for spouses and others not cool with just being a passenger in a side-by-side.

The people took notice with even experienced riders wanting to run around in the Ace, and being how they are, they desired more power in the little single seater. Polaris took the advice and fitted their 570cc motor which produces 45hp and makes better power in the low end than the 325.

This post is significant because it shows that Polaris has now fit their 900cc motor into this awesome little Ace for 2016! In the Ace, it produces 60hp, nearly double what the original 325 motor puts out. You can see that the front wheels get lift upon takeoff in the video, which is why Polaris apparently detuned or limited the power of this motor for the Ace. In the RZR, this 900 produces 75hp in the side-by-side, so they must have thought that was too much.

I think that the Ace is great, what say you?
    Last edited by Leisure Time Larry; 09-17-2015 at 08:46 PM.
    - Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2004 TW200, 13-54 gearing, Shinko 241, Race Tech Emulators, Procycle front springs, Works Performance rear shock, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip camo coat, Cycle Pumps, Ricochet Skid Plate, flood and spot LED pod lights, Sena, Garmin etrex 20 GPS, IMS 313114folding shifter

Mike and Randall both have one for there wife's.
    TWilight likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lrppcer View Post
    I would let one of you buy me this to have in Moab along with my TW.
    If you're lucky enough to find a Sugar Mamma to buy this for you can I ride it? Pretty please??

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I was thinking no big deal just another utv. But then I saw it had Matching Colored Springs and that sealed the deal for me!

Honestly, engine size aside, it looks like a lot safer machine that one could still ride on atv trails within the width restriction which usually prohibit the normally wider UTV's.
    Fred and TWilight like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Just out of curiosity Mrs. Admiral ----------- when you reach " senior status " on your posts, will you be changing your avatar? Dirts a Flyen just Due
    admiral and Mrs. Admiral like this.

How long till some one releases a tandem seated type machine (so driver up front passenger behind). Still narrow enuff but can still bring a friend or child even. I'd love to have an ace or similar machine for the wife so she can join me at the off road park. But as we are expecting, I thinking a side by side (still allows but can't do all the trails) is more likely what's due in the more distant future.
    2017 Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT

2010 Yamaha TW200

2016 Polaris Sportsman 450 HO

2005 Yamaha Bruin 350 4x4

When several of us forum members went on the Rubicon last year we encountered a Douglas County sheriff in something similar, maybe an Ace. It motored along surprisingly well. I wonder though how many of those 60-ish horsepower the 900cc mill can consistently put out before drive belt failure.
    Randal's darling wife let me drive her 325cc Ace in Santa Maria and I thought it fun, safe and versatile but not thrilling. But then I tend to prefer the snap of direct drive.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Geez, I am having another senior moment Mike., thanks for corrections. Maybe I need another cup of coffee before posting. It is those pesky noisy air racers orbiting overhead that distract me. They orbit overhead forming up before each heat race in the proper order, then pilot plane lights off his smoke stream and competing planes follow his/her smoke trail back in to the race pylon race course proper. This morning it was a junior class of piston planes followed by a group of jets, Breitling's L39 jet team I think,practicing some yanking and banking, turning and burning..
    Somewhat sluggish response off the line from the 570cc machine must be attributable to centrifugal clutch or my trepidation when piloting something borrowed and unfamiliar. The Ace indeed is a good concept to improve safety over conventional ATVs in certain situations by being encased ( encaged?) inside the vehicle's roll cage while still retaining narrow width.
    Last edited by Fred; 09-18-2015 at 04:52 PM.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

When they make it street legal with a license, I'll buy one.
    TWilight likes this.
    Phelonius

Quote Originally Posted by SanDue View Post
    Just out of curiosity Mrs. Admiral ----------- when you reach " senior status " on your posts, will you be changing your avatar? Dirts a Flyen just Due
    Why yes, when I reach "senior" status I will change my avatar to this one.
    images.jpg

Sponosred Links