Elio, 84mpg and $6,800, test drive.
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Elio, 84mpg and $6,800, test drive.

Elio, 84mpg and $6,800, test drive.

84 MPG and Only $6,800? Here's My Test Drive -- The Motley Fool

This has interested me for quite a while now...

What do you think? Would you drive one?
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

This is my daily driver, so I should fit in the Elio no problem...
    jbfla, TWilight and mhomadness like this.
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Thats an ugly little fucker though. It has to have form AND function for me. If something doesn't look good, I don't even put it in the category for consideration. Just like tje first gen Honda Insight: also gets about 80 mpg, but is the ugliest little bastard Honda's made in a while- so no.

Now if Aptera hadn't gone under...
    That's a silly 3 wheel electric I can get behind.

littletommy and TWilight like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TWilight View Post
    My current vehicles already average 45 mpg...when all 8 of them are combined and averaged out.
    And that. If you need something efficient, go buy a diesel Jetta or something. 50 mpg may not be 80, but you can carry more than one person AND survive an accident.

Or you can just ride a TW. That'll do 80 mpg all day.

I think it's a great idea especially for Prius/ Volt/ Leaf customers. Also Smart Car customers. I would like to see this and other three wheeled cars absolutely kill sales of those cars to the point that they become obsolete.
    For those who don't know, the reason this car has three wheels is so it can be legally classified as a motorcycle. That is the only way a lightweight, efficient car can be legally sold in the USA. The "Smart Car" could be under $10,000 and get 100 mpg. But then it wouldn't be legal in the US because it wouldn't meet the standards that dictate an automobile must be bloated, inefficient, complicated and expensive. That's not how those laws are worded, of course. But that is the effect of them.

Would I buy and drive one? No. I'm not in the small-car market. When I'm not driving a ton truck or a jeep, I ride a motorcycle. If I wanted a very small, very fuel efficient car, I would build a Locost 7 with a 2 cylinder turbo diesel engine in it. That should be good for over 100 mpg.
    '87 TW200
    '94 Sportster 1200
    '74 XL70 Frankenbike
    '76 CT90
    '72 CT70
    '72 XL250

Quote Originally Posted by WECSOG View Post
    But then it wouldn't be legal in the US because it wouldn't meet the standards that dictate an automobile must be bloated, inefficient, complicated and expensive. That's not how those laws are worded, of course. But that is the effect of them.
    i.e. safe. The reason the campagna Trex, Polaris Slingshot, Morgan Threewheeler, Scorpion P6 [omg want], and the like are made as 3 wheelers are so that they can be sold as motorcycles like you said. As such, they don't need crumplezones, airbags, or even seatbelts; thus lighter and faster. These things are more often than not sold to people with more money than sense, and I feel the Prius crowd (the people with more first-world eco-guilt than sense) wouldn't accept such things after they hear their dumb eco-buddies are dying in collisions.

Quote Originally Posted by TWilight View Post
    Dang....LT...you are looking GOOD these days.

Thanks! A little Grecian Formula (you might try some, you need it) and all the "chicks" want to go riding just like the old days...

and plus- if i'm buying a three wheeled car, it's got to be a reliant robin...

WECSOG, littletommy and Lyterx like this.

Didn't GM have a prototype three wheel Rwandan seat car that leaned like a mc?
    littletommy likes this.
    Mark Flanagan
    aka OILHED
    2014 Yamaha TW200 &
    2001 BMW R1150GS

I laughed all the way through that one! Definitely one of the better TG episodes I've seen.

Here's another one:

Last edited by WECSOG; 09-19-2015 at 01:06 PM.
    '87 TW200
    '94 Sportster 1200
    '74 XL70 Frankenbike
    '76 CT90
    '72 CT70
    '72 XL250

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links