BMW Concept Path 22 hints at R nineT Scrambler.
Close

BMW Concept Path 22 hints at R nineT Scrambler.

1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Having owned an oilhead, an R1200GS...the thing is WAY too heavy for sand paths. Eventually it's going to dump - and crush that balsa surfboard, and the poor surfer dude will need to recruit some beach-bunnies to right it.

It'll never happen; but I'd love to see a scaled-down boxer format for such a machine. Maybe a 400cc boxer, shaft drive, in a dual-sport or naked street bike application.

While I agree with JPT the boxer engine will never undergo that kind of revamping, IMHO. What I would like to see is a lightweight competitor to the Ducati Scrambler, using their parallel twin, i.e. their F series. Although they have the F800R, I think something more retro would be a big seller like the Ducati Scrambler. An R Nine T, with the 800 parallel twin... And as light as they can make it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by munchmeister View Post
    While I agree with JPT the boxer engine will never undergo that kind of revamping, IMHO. What I would like to see is a lightweight competitor to the Ducati Scrambler, using their parallel twin, i.e. their F series. Although they have the F800R, I think something more retro would be a big seller like the Ducati Scrambler. An R Nine T, with the 800 parallel twin... And as light as they can make it.
    You're right, it will never happen.

More's the pity.

I disagree, though, on using one of their Rotax twins. If you put an outsourced twin in; and a chain drive...why, then, should the buyer get a BMW? Absent the design and technology, what does BMW bring into it that, say, Yamaha does not?

I think BMW is missing a market here. They BUILT their reputation with the smaller, understressed boxer setups of the 1950s and 60s. Scale it WAY down; aluminum components to reduce weight...keep the same shaft drive because, overstressed on the big bikes it'll be fine on a lightweight. And then...put it out and watch it fly off the racks.

Sponosred Links