CSC motorcycles
Close

Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree564Likes

Thread: CSC motorcycles

CSC motorcycles

BIKES

OK, so I called these guys last night and spoke with one of the owners. I nearly pulled out my CC and gave him an order for one.

For around $4,400.00 tax, title and license I could be on a new 250cc "adventure" bike and have some fun blasting around with a windshield and luggage to boot.

Not bad for a complete package.

I watched the video.

Anyone willing to beat on a bike for 5000 miles in the desert and across the mountains and West has my attention.
    T-Dub Ken

Current bikes:

Yamaha TW200 2013
    Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic 2015
    Moto Guzzi V7 Stone 2015

Lives in St. Joseph, IL
    Friend of God
    Leader of Men
    Lover of all
    Pretty good motorcycle rider
    Doesn't brag too much
    Smiles and laughs a lot
    Loves dogs and cats too

I kinda want one, but I kinda don't want to spend actual money on a Chinese bike.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dub Ken View Post
    BIKES

OK, so I called these guys last night and spoke with one of the owners. I nearly pulled out my CC and gave him an order for one.

For around $4,400.00 tax, title and license I could be on a new 250cc "adventure" bike and have some fun blasting around with a windshield and luggage to boot.

Not bad for a complete package.

I watched the video.

Anyone willing to beat on a bike for 5000 miles in the desert and across the mountains and West has my attention.
    CSC, like Tank or BMX...is just an American marketer for Chinese-made models.

Now I'm not blindly down on Chinese machines. Point of fact, I HAD one - a Xingyue 300-cc Burgman-clone scooter. Frame and plastic were copied off the Burgman 400. Engine was a Yamaha design. Fuel injection. Thing should be bulletproof, what?

Not hardly. The DESIGN of the engine may have been Yamaha - but the parts themselves were made by Xingyue. And not very well, either. With 2000 miles on it (I rode it to work, 30 miles each way...it saved me gas until it went) the cam chain slipped a tooth on the sprocket.

Warranty work. Took it to the dealer, who had a Xingyue franchise...and there the grief began.

TEN MONTHS of game-playing between the dealer and Xingyue. They kept on sending the wrong parts. They kept on forgetting how to speak English on the phone. They kept on not answering mail. FINALLY it was fixed...I think the dealer just bought the parts to get rid of it and me. I know he got rid of the Xingyue dealer-agreement.

And then, 200 miles later, the cam slipped AGAIN. This time it was a week after I hit a deer and had busted the plastic cladding. It was out of warranty and I didn't have the tools or time to screw around with it. It went in the back of my carport and when I moved to take a new job I gave the hulk away.

I WILL...NOT...EVER again buy a Chinese motor product for anything more than scrap price.
    immgunn and plumbstraight like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Looking at the site...I do like those panniers. Be nice to get something like that to fit the TW.
    Azxj91 likes this.

Please don't lump all Chinese motorcycles together.
    Some are excellent, some are worthless.
    CSC has excellent information on their site about the manufacturer and their relationship (check their blog).

I think they are neat bikes but I never buy a new bike when I know how much used bike I can get for the same money.
    Look up actual owners of the bike reviews and then decide.
    Smitty Blackstone and kj7687 like this.
    James

Attitude =

The difference between

Ordeal and Adventure

Looking at the site...I do like those panniers. Be nice to get something like that to fit the TW.
    Happy Trail will fix ya right up.

Attachment 22471
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by JagLite View Post
    Please don't lump all Chinese motorcycles together.
    Some are excellent, some are worthless.
    CSC has excellent information on their site about the manufacturer and their relationship (check their blog).

I think they are neat bikes but I never buy a new bike when I know how much used bike I can get for the same money.
    Agreed.

The Chinese plants owned/run by Japanese or Taiwanese manufacturers, for the most part, do fine.

Those run by Chines "companies" - basically fronts for the Chinese government or owned by connected persons given franchises by the government - their stuff is slop.

Xingue is far from the worst. Their Burgman-clone 260 scooter, marketed by Tank in the states, was ubiquitous for awhile. It's telling, though, that when Tank closed down those scooters disappeared almost as fast.

Znen, with their Big-Ruckus clone, the same. They were everywhere, and now they are gone.

As for CSC: They are a marketer. What company is actually making those motorcycles? And if it closed or CSC shifted suppliers, would you know? What if the home company didn't honor the warranty on an issue, as I had the bad luck to have?

Manufactured by Zongshen.

If memory serves, at last count Spudrider had 60,000 miles on his Zongshen.

jb
    2018 Triumph Street Twin..............2016 CB500F
    2014 XT250 ..................................2008 H-D Softail Deluxe
    2008 SV 650..................................2007 DR 650..

Quote Originally Posted by JagLite View Post
    Though true show me another 250cc bike set up like that. I like them because unlike quite a few on here I live a good distance from riding areas. Though to be fair I havent yet taken the TW on any longish trips. Once I do maybe my mind will change.
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.
    Hidden Content

2009 TW200 "Cracker" - His fun ADV bike
    2006 TW200 "Blue" - Her fun ADV bike
    2011 XL1200X "48" - My cool bike
    1977 KZ650 - My vintage sport bike

Just for the halibut, I watched one of their videos - with the features.

I see where that's tempting. The price, with those features...and that really does look like a three-quarters scale GS.

But the proof of the pudding is the tasting. I don't want to poor-mouth, say, Suzuki - I've had some Suzukis in the past and they're good bikes, mostly. But not all of them hold together as well as Honda or Yamaha.

I'm just thinking of my poor dumb self with that big Chinese scooter...beautiful and new...70 miles a gallon and topped out at 80...suddenly dead from a busted cam chain. And no parts and people getting sick of my problems and my warranty papers.
    immgunn likes this.

Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links