Close

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Skyking
  • 2 Post By Jon62602
  • 1 Post By littletommy
  • 1 Post By Polarpilot

Thread: 1968 dkw rt139

1968 dkw rt139

This is the little, lightweight bike that I bought to replace my TW. It's a 1968 DKW model RT139. It's a 50cc two stroke, 3 speed, with the shifter at the left hand grip, like a Vespa. It's air/fan cooled, so it can crawl around all day, and not overheat. I put stiffer rear shocks on it along with a knobby on the rear, and a universal on the front, which I may put a knobby there also. One or two kick starting, and runs 28 to 30 mph flat out. I'm going to do some sprocket changes in order to give it a little more low end grunt. It only weighs around 150 pounds, and is just so light, and easy to maneuver. No turn signals, or horn to worry about. It has one of the little bells like you might find on a girls bike. No battery either. I love it. image.jpeg
    TWilight and jtomelliott49 like this.

Cute, but I would have kept the TW.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    In his thread about selling his bike he said it was too heavy.
    littletommy and TWilight like this.
    Jon
    2007 Yamaha TW200Hidden Content
    Tusk D Flex Handguards, ProTaper Pillow Top grips, Yamaha crossbar pad

2002 Yamaha TTR-125
    1978 Honda XL125

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I know, just saying though...
    Jon62602 likes this.
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

The gear selector is often referred to as " Dial a Shift" . My 1953 NSU Quick and the far more common Quickly both used this shifting system.
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    Cool bike. Good luck with it.

Classy bike Skyking. I like it.
    Tom in Wichita

78 Moto Guzzi SP1000
    87 Yamaha TW200
    99 Yamaha TW200
    03 Honda Shadow Spirit (girlfriend's ride)
    74 Moto Guzzi Eldorado Police model (in many pieces)

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    I would love to have been able to keep, and ride my TW. Unfortunately I am no longer physically able to handle the weight. When it gets right down to it, these bikes are really pigs. They are heavy for their size, and whoa fully underpowered for their size, and weight. On the other hand, they are a capable machine, and they do what they are designed to do. I made a choice. This is still a free country(for the time being at least), and I chose to give up one bike that I could no longer manage, for a different bike that I could manage. It was not completely by choice. A little gift that I received during my 45 years of service to the emergency medical system has caused me to age prematurely, and will ultimately cause my early demise. A situation which I hope that none of you has to go through. With that said, you guys can just fuck off. This is my last post to this site. The items I have posted for sale in the classifieds can be found on eBay. Good luck with the auction.
    Last edited by Skyking; 11-07-2015 at 12:17 AM.

Sorry about your health brother. Have you ever considered a Honda Metro or something similar? Step through frame, dependable, 50cc's, easy to get parts for?

Sponosred Links