KLR 650 build.
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: KLR 650 build.

KLR 650 build.

KLR650 build.
    sponge likes this.

I got a lot of my ideas from Jeff's bike. Can't figure out why he left off the engine guards though. I used SWmotech. And seriously, without panniers...just where ya going? Mine has Jesse's.
    TWilight and ZDR1 like this.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Speaking of panniers Doc, have you seen these? The company used to build for Touractech, and the boxes are basically Zegas. The price is amazingly low. Almost half of many other purveyors. I have a set of the PRO's in the 38L size coming for the DRZ.

http://holan.pl/en/16-nomada-pro-panniers (the site is down for maintenance at the moment...check back, they're nice)

Attachment 24156
    littletommy likes this.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Wow, those look very nicely built.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    Wow, those look very nicely built.
    They are incredibly well built, and about half the price of similar boxes. Amazing deal. And of course they will soon be as expensive as all the rest...but for now, great prices.

EDIT: actually, upon checking the Zega Pro II panniers, they are less than one third the price of those. About half the price of HT Tetons, and less than half of what a comparable set of SWmotech cans would cost.
    Last edited by Borneo; 11-15-2015 at 06:17 AM.
    littletommy likes this.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

The Holan site is back after maintenance. Like I said, if you've ever wanted a set of aluminum expedition panniers but balked at the price, check them out. They are basically Zegas. The difference is that a set of Zega Pro II panniers will run you around $1500 and a set of Nomada Pro II panniers will cost less than $400 (for two, in 38L). The Nomada panniers are incredibly well constructed, 2mm side wall and 4mm bottoms.

Here are the Nomadas at less than $400 a set:

Attachment 24170

And here are the Zegas at almost $1500 a set:

Attachment 24171

My understanding is they use the same latches and the lock sets are interchangeable. I don't imagine these prices will hold once Holan makes it's own entry into the market, as noted, they used to build the panniers for Touratech.

I actually deviated from my usual preference for bare aluminum and ordered the grey ones.

Attachment 24172
    Last edited by Borneo; 11-15-2015 at 06:18 AM.
    littletommy likes this.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Here's a brief review with great pictures showing the exact same panniers I ordered...even the same color. I also ordered the two bottle rack and the 2L can rack you can see mounted, so that it will be rigged the same as my TW with the Tetons. Holan Nomada Pro II Pannier Review - .: XT660.com - The #1 XT660 Resource :.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

And here's the long term review that tipped me off to their existence. Interestingly Alexsandra referred to in the review is still there and she responded to all my inquiries in an incredibly prompt and efficient fashion. Even if she does call Monday "Mondat" Earth-Roamers : Holan Nomada panniers

Eventually I will get around to posting a thread on the extensive modifications that are happening to the DRZ, probably after I finally get a trip report cranked out on the James Bay trip....
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

I think this dude is trying to say his Holans are pretty tough.

Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Well, Doc, I have the Jessies on my KLR as noted, but the fit on the DRZ would have been crap city, and I would have had to fill the slots they come with in order to mount them. So, I nixed that. Currently the Tetons are on the DRZ, but those are going back on the TW and the new Holan Pro II Nomada panniers will go on the DRZ adventure build. I researched the heck out of them and I'm convinced they are very tough...arguably not as tough as the Jesse cans, simply because Jesse builds those complex angles in and they greatly increase rigidity. The KLR has already been down on the Jessies, and other than sliding them a bit on the mounts, and a minor scuff to the powder coat...no damage. Very tough indeed.

From what I've seen, the Holans are pretty darned crash worthy. We shall see once they arrive. They are supposed to be shipped from Poland on "Mondat."

I would still like to have a set of Metal Mules for the Triumph some day...but dayammm they are pricey. I have MM racks on it now. The Mules are way tough though, that's for sure.

Watch him lift the front of the tractor at around 4:45...

littletommy likes this.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links