Like Tree16Likes
  • 1 Post By Mr.Paynter
  • 2 Post By Potski
  • 4 Post By phelonius
  • 3 Post By jbfla
  • 2 Post By littletommy
  • 2 Post By jbfla
  • 2 Post By jbfla

Thread: Anyone have experience with Moto Guzzi?

Anyone have experience with Moto Guzzi?

Well I was out and about and finally stopped in at the Moto Guzzi dealer a few miles from my house. The next dealer is a yamaha and its about 15 miles away. I have to say they have a few bikes that are interesting. The mechanic tells me they are very simple bikes to maintain. Are they expensive to maintain? Anyone have any experience with them or own them?
    1991 TW200

Don't buy one built between 02 and 05.
    I had an 02 and an 03. Both purchased new off the floor. Both had horrible warranty problems that were not properly addressed by guzzi.
    I don't know how the more recent ones are but they are offering a new model V-9 roamer that I like the looks of if it had a better saddle.
    Last edited by phelonius; 11-17-2015 at 10:56 PM.
    Phelonius

Not long term myself, but I rode a colleagues V7 and it was a wonderful ride, complete with the tiniest hint of torque to the side if you blipped the throttle.
    I really enjoyed it, comfortable and low, very fine ride and a shaft drive (easy to maintain) to boot. I would consider one for sure.

He had it for a couple of years and never complained but that's here in South Africa.
    jeffrolives likes this.
    Finally picked up a Tdub...

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Anyone have experience with Moto Guzzi?

Had two California's over the years. Not had any problems, I think the problems arose in the 70's with the electrics, chrome etc. and still linger on today. I like the Stelvio, but can only have so many bikes Probably, in fact almost certainly they are not as reliable as the Jap stuff; still like them though. Would love an 850 T3 Cali; maybe carry a recovery rope and mobile phone for rescue just incase

Cheers
    Potski

I used to tell people about the side torque. If you jumped the bike into big air and yanked the throttle open, the bike would barrel roll before landing.
    Phelonius

Quote Originally Posted by Lyterx View Post
    Well I was out and about and finally stopped in at the Moto Guzzi dealer a few miles from my house. The next dealer is a yamaha and its about 15 miles away. I have to say they have a few bikes that are interesting. The mechanic tells me they are very simple bikes to maintain. Are they expensive to maintain? Anyone have any experience with them or own them?
    The 2016 V7 II Stone is on my "buy" list. I have been studying up on them on the Wildgoose Chase forum for about a year.

I do my own maintenance, so that's not a problem. I have read that parts occasionally take quite a bit of time to receive on a slow boat from Italy.

And that MG dealers are not the most informed about the bikes.

The Stelvio and the Griso are nice bikes, but these days I'm looking for smaller, lighter ones.

jb
    2018 Triumph Street Twin..............2016 CB500F
    2014 XT250 ..................................2008 H-D Softail Deluxe
    2008 SV 650..................................2007 DR 650..

jbfla and jeffrolives like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Thanks for the link LT.

So there is a Guzzi Scrambler to go along with the Triumph and Ducati Scramblers.

All we need now is for Honda to bring back their version. None of them really a full-on off road bike....IMO.

I had heard rumors of the larger displacement small block. Looks like the new V9 (850cc) is a bored out V7 (750cc).

And speaking of MG, this is too big for me, but still a real beauty:

jb
    littletommy and jeffrolives like this.

After reading about the new V9 engine, even though it looks like a bored out V7, there are considerable internal changes...many aluminum parts, along with a new 6 speed transmission.

I thought I had settled on the V7 II, but the new V9 Roamer has my attention:

jb
    littletommy and jeffrolives like this.

I've never had one, but did ride one years ago. I'm kind of liking the look of them now...at least the scramblers.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Sponosred Links