2016 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro
Close

Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By kj7687
  • 3 Post By jb882
  • 2 Post By Michael Bryce Winnick

Thread: 2016 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro

2016 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro

Not my cup o' tea (too big/too heavy), but this could be a hit for the type of person who would buy a Super Tenere or Tiger Explorer. I'm pretty sure I'd have it over either of those bikes.

The wild side of Ducati
    littletommy, jb882 and BillPacific like this.
    KJ, just KJ, ok.

Current rides:
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500, 1999 Toyota 4Runner

Past rides: 2015 Yamaha XT 250, 1997 Suzuki DR 200, 2007 Honda Ruckus, 2007 Yamaha TW 200, 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 500, 2009 Kawasaki KLX331S; 1994 GMC Sierra 1500, 1987 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 Acura Integra, 1986 Honda CRX, 1989 Jeep Cherokee, 1994 Chevrolet Astro Van, 1979 Volkswagen Rabbit, 1984 Jeep Cherokee

1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

They finally built what a lot of Multistrada owners have been requesting for years. Not a lot of changes but enough to make it much more offroad worthy. They put a bigger front wheel, and a slightly narrower rear, both able to accept a knobbier tire like a TKC80. They also ditched the single sided swingarm for more strength and more fuel. Those were the biggest offroad shortcomings of the regular model. More fuel would be nice on the entire line.

I like it but i still don't think i would really take it off pavement. I wouldn't take any of the big pricy ADV bikes off pavement. They are too big and heavy and just too expensive and very pricy to fix when you dump it, especially Ducati. Take brake levers as an example, i broke on one mine $140 bucks for the part. How many of those are you going to break before you decide to get something cheaper to fix?

Don't get me wrong, not bashing the Multi. I love mine and would not trade it for any other bike out there i just use it in the context of what its really good at. Its a sit up straight sport bike that can also tour with just about anything.
    TWilight, kj7687 and BillPacific like this.
    Pair of 2006 TW's modded to the hilt and a Ducati Multistrada.

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jb882 View Post
    They finally built what a lot of Multistrada owners have been requesting for years. Not a lot of changes but enough to make it much more offroad worthy. They put a bigger front wheel, and a slightly narrower rear, both able to accept a knobbier tire like a TKC80. They also ditched the single sided swingarm for more strength and more fuel. Those were the biggest offroad shortcomings of the regular model. More fuel would be nice on the entire line.

I like it but i still don't think i would really take it off pavement. I wouldn't take any of the big pricy ADV bikes off pavement. They are too big and heavy and just too expensive and very pricy to fix when you dump it, especially Ducati. Take brake levers as an example, i broke on one mine $140 bucks for the part. How many of those are you going to break before you decide to get something cheaper to fix?

Don't get me wrong, not bashing the Multi. I love mine and would not trade it for any other bike out there i just use it in the context of what its really good at. Its a sit up straight sport bike that can also tour with just about anything.

Everything you said makes total sense to me. I wish more people at this site that would consider a big displacement Adventure bike could go to a Ducati demo ride day and test ride the Multi. Such a great bike. Your correct about people just don't want to spend that kind of money and have the bike beat up off road. This new bike makes a good starting point to customize for off road but then the money factor is going to piss people off.

Senior Member Michael Bryce Winnick's Avatar
    With a 34 1/4 (870mm) seat heat height and 560 lbs (255 kilograms) I will keep the TW.
    Last edited by Michael Bryce Winnick; 01-18-2016 at 08:50 AM.
    PecosBill and BillPacific like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Bryce Winnick View Post
    With a 34 1/4 (870mm) seat heat height and 560 lbs (255 kilograms) I will keep the TW.
    I agree about keeping the TW 200 for the tough trails but also promote the people interested in a 2nd bike capable of fire roads and old damaged roads.

I got a left over Super Tenere for half the price of a Ducati.

Sponosred Links