Any Can Am Spyder or Slingshot owners here?
Close

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree189Likes

Thread: Any Can Am Spyder or Slingshot owners here?

Question Any Can Am Spyder or Slingshot owners here?

Any info is greatly appreciated. Sister Sue wants a trike. Any one look at the new HD smaller trikes?
    Suggestions needed my friends...

Thank you,

LT
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

I don't own either but i did a test drive of the slingshot last summer. Note i said test drive not ride.... Its a car with only one rear wheel.

The spyder looks neat but i have never had a chance to ride one.
    Pair of 2006 TW's modded to the hilt and a Ducati Multistrada.

Hidden Content

I wanted to like the Spyder but after a test ride their a no-go. The full dress one we rode killed my lower back in short order and the wife felt she had to hang on for dear life. Also the front end would wobble and and track
    any kind of groove in the pavement. This was with a new steering stabilizer system too! Perhaps a different model would have been better but you would think the top of the line should have no issues. That said there are
    a bunch of them around here and the owners seem happy. Best I can tell you is take a hi-way not a parking lot test ride and decide for yourself.
    littletommy likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Don't go to the darkside!

Get a Harley trike or perhaps a real bike with a sidecar if you must, but please don't buy a Spyder.
    littletommy and TWilight like this.

I've talked to a few Harley Trikester owners and they are very happy with their choice. Seems Harley spent alot of R&D time and got it right. Steering is light and the trunk is large without being bulkey. Just expect to pay a heavy price for one. Another good choice would be a GL-1800 with a good trike kit. Make sure it has the raked out triple trees on it as the steering effort is much less than without them. Around here you will find plenty for sale used in
    very good shape with lots of wing farkles.

Appreciate the advice Gentlemen. I talked to a friend who briefly had one that he had bought for his wife here in town. She did use it around town for about a year, but hated it on the highway. He also said it tracked all over the place if you were going over 45 or 50. He took it on the highway once and it was all over the road. He got off at the next exit and said never again. My guess is that with the rear wheel being centered on the bike and if you are riding on older roads that might have a bit of "wagon wheel tracks" in it, that the rear wheel wants to roll up and down the mound if you are not exactly centered on top of it and then that makes the front want to turn right or left slightly. That being said, along with some mysterious electrical problems that have happened on some bikes, that this isn't the right bike for baby sister. I guess I'll take her out to Harley and see what they have. 25 or 30 grand is a lot to pay for a basic trike with hundred year old technology. The slingshot seems interesting, I've heard no one really knows how to work on them much yet. What other trike makers do we have out there that won't be too much of a bike for her? Thanks for the help guys!!
    TWilight likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

This is the only "trike" i would ever want to ride.
    86 atc 250r from Waterboro Maine.jpg

I miss mine....
    Pair of 2006 TW's modded to the hilt and a Ducati Multistrada.

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by TWilight View Post
    LT, if you are serious, and want the best trike for the lowest dollars spent, do as Xracer suggested, and find a used Honda Goldwing trike. The more modern ones are the Goldwing 1800, fuel injected 1832 cc flat six, with tons of torque, and reverse built into it from the factory.

The older ones are the Goldwing 1500s. They are a carb'd...1520 cc, flat six, ansd still have lots of torque. Most of those also have reverse on them from Honda.

You can spend twice as much for an HD trike, even used, because of the name.

But the aftermarket manufacturers of trikes have concentrated on the Honda Goldwing as their Gold Standard for making these trikes, as they sell 10 to 1 of Goldwing trikes to any other brand.

Lots to choose from, but buy used...not new. Before you make a purchase, talk to me, and let me look at it for you.
    100% Right!! I'd go online and check in your state for a Haus of Trikes or a Honda shop that does such work. I'm very sure you will find such a place.
    TWilight and littletommy like this.

Tech Tip. If you do look at a used 1800 be sure the driveshaft u-joint is not worn. If theres a knocking sound get it replaced.

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    My good friend has a Slingshot.
    Pro:
    It looks different.
    Cons:
    Too low to be seen in traffic. Close calls are too numerous.

If you take the traction control off, all you do is spin the rear tire.

No real power.
    Adding the turbo kit just ruins the rear tire faster.

Rode a Spyder once. Yes, they are all over the place unless the roadway is FLAT.

Both are useless vehicles, in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    TWilight and littletommy like this.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links