another bike followed me home
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: another bike followed me home

another bike followed me home

I know most of you guys have other bikes, mostly bigger and faster than the t dub. so I guess i'm off in left field on this one but I went the opposite and bought a smaller bike ( at least I think it will be a bike one day) I had a brand new one of these in 1973 and rode it for 17 years with no problems. so when I saw this little guy ( we'll call him Rusty) I had to rescue him. I don't know what I've gotten into, I started taking him apart today and I have never, ever, seen a machine so unmaintained as this. if you can't tell by the pictures, it is a Honda ct90. they call it the original duo sport bike. IMG_2272.JPGIMG_2279.JPG
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    The number associated with that "chassis" is over 90 million since inception.

If you are restoring it to factory original, you will spend some serious scratch.

I have a 68 CT90K0 that is a Junior First Place bike. My friend asked me why I didn't have it judged when my RE5 was done. I said that it was my pit bike, why would I have it judged?
    The rest is history. All real, all the patina, first place. Cannot tell you how much money went into it, but it look like it was dragged out of a barn yesterday.

I also have a 79 CT90. Totally original condition. Very low miles.

There are a few parts laying around here for CT90s. Nothing 1973 specific. Let me know if you need something.
    littletommy, TWilight and grewen like this.

I had one of the 110's back in the 80's while living in Grand Junction. It was my winter bike back then. The kids loved that bike, they would ride behind it on skates, ski's, snow saucers being towed by me around the neighborhood in the snow. Every kid for a mile around wanted me to pull them and give them a ride. It was in mint condition. EVERYTIME I went ANYWHERE, someone wanted to buy it out from under me. That bike is restore able, but its going to take some work. Good luck. Hopefully you got it for free or only a few bucks.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

[QUOTE=Smitty Blackstone;252985]The number associated with that "chassis" is over 90 million since inception.

If you are restoring it to factory original, you will spend some serious scratch.

I have a 68 CT90K0 that is a Junior First Place bike. My friend asked me why I didn't have it judged when my RE5 was done. I said that it was my pit bike, why would I have it judged?
    The rest is history. All real, all the patina, first place. Cannot tell you how much money went into it, but it look like it was dragged out of a barn yesterday.

I also have a 79 CT90. Totally original condition. Very low miles.

Smitty. I might have to take you up on that offer. this bike needs at least one of everything, I don't think it will be restored to factory. right now I will be happy to have it functional and safe. I see your on the ct site. where's the best source for parts?
    littletommy likes this.
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

I want one of those bikes so bad.
    littletommy likes this.

The good doctor will hook you up.

DrATV OPERATES HERE
    littletommy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty Blackstone View Post
    The good doctor will hook you up.

DrATV OPERATES HERE
    thanks Smitty I have all ready bookmarked the DR. it will be a slow process repairing the bike as every part that comes from the states, you have to add 57% to the cost right now, so there has to be some short cuts taken
    Peterb likes this.
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

My friends in Canada usually have mailboxes just across the border in the US.
    Perhaps you have a friend with one?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Given my experience, i'd say you have quite a project ahead of you. We had a Canadian moderator on the forum some time ago. Think he called himself vuldub. He goes by the same name and is also a member of the Yahoo Honda Trail bike forum. The good DrAtv should have most of what you need at a fair price. There is a fellow on E-Bay (Hondnutt) that does great machine work. He did my head and pressed on a new rod and crank bearings. I have a personal e-mail address if you don't want to go through E-Bay. Good luck. Had a very loud 'tappet' sound that would not adjust out. Turned out to be the upper rod bushing for the wrist pin. Pulled the crank, purchased a new rod from Thailand and bought crank bearings on Amazon as the are a very common size. Shipped the whole shebang to Zumbrota, Mn. for pressing.
    Last edited by Gerry; 03-28-2016 at 03:07 PM.
    littletommy, grewen and mhomadness like this.
    Take care my Friend.........

Gerry,
    Are you the guy who has the front spring kits for the old and new CT's?

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
    Given my experience, i'd say you have quite a project ahead of you. We had a Canadian moderator on the forum some time ago. Think he called himself vuldub. He goes by the same name and is also a member of the Yahoo Honda Trail bike forum. The good DrAtv should have most of what you need at a fair price. There is a fellow on E-Bay (Hondnutt) that does great machine work. He did my head and pressed on a new rod and crank bearings. I have a personal e-mail address if you don't want to go through E-Bay. Good luck.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links