My "new" Suzuki S-50 Boulevard
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: My "new" Suzuki S-50 Boulevard

My "new" Suzuki S-50 Boulevard

Hi guys: This unit really seems to suit me. 805cc and light weight at around 480 wet weight and low center of gravity. Even as an old fart, it has just enough get up and go to keep me going. Long live the TW for the light ride and I got the S-50 for that V-twinDSCN0663.JPG torgue for the times you need to get there.
    Just give me a minute while I collect my thoughts. They're around here somewhere. Maybe!

2013 TW200(Protaper SE ATV High handlebars, DID 428VX-X ring chain, Shinko Tires, K&N Air Filter, Seat Concepts "Grip" seat covering, Outlaw Racing Folding
    Gear shifter, My custom( long/thin) foot pegs, My custom(extended) Rear brake lever, Battery tender harness, Gel Battery, "Bikini" Bike rack, Mobil 1 4T synthetic, BLUE Ricochet Skid Plate , DG Exhaust & 15 Front Sproket.

Nice bike!
    "Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."
    - Hunter S. Thompson

“It’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"The less horsepower a motorcycle has, the more it can teach you.” - Ben Bostrom

And though a mountain may rise up and smack the livin' shit outta me,
    and wad up my bike somethin' awful...
    Still, I rise!
    (With apologies to Maya Angelou)

"Give a Damn"
    - C. M. Howe, Jr.

Hidden Content

I forgot how big and unfortunate looking those VA inspection stickers are. At least on your car they're on the windshield and easy to remove. I spent hours removing one of those stickers from my bike when I moved. Nasa could hold spaceships together with the glue on those stickers if only they knew about it.
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Crawfordville. FL, (south of Tallahassee), on the beach
    I have one of those and I love it. Nice solid ride, quick, good handling, very smooth, and reliable with little maintenance other than routine oil changes.
    One guy on another forum had one with 85,000 miles on it 'till it was wrecked by a car, and his "newer one" had 145,000 miles at last count.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mrlmd; 03-31-2016 at 01:27 PM.
    dogonit likes this.

Those stickers are on a metal plate, not the bike itself. Actually not very intrusive at all.
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.
    Just give me a minute while I collect my thoughts. They're around here somewhere. Maybe!

2013 TW200(Protaper SE ATV High handlebars, DID 428VX-X ring chain, Shinko Tires, K&N Air Filter, Seat Concepts "Grip" seat covering, Outlaw Racing Folding
    Gear shifter, My custom( long/thin) foot pegs, My custom(extended) Rear brake lever, Battery tender harness, Gel Battery, "Bikini" Bike rack, Mobil 1 4T synthetic, BLUE Ricochet Skid Plate , DG Exhaust & 15 Front Sproket.

Hi mrlmd: The only thing i would change is to remove that stupid fake air cleaner cover that holds the tool pack and let the V-twin show itself. One of the first things I did after getting my bike. By the way mine only had a bit under 6K at purchase. So far so good. I did have to get a professional to do the carbs right after purchase and also let him put in a new battery.

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    New York frowns upon inspection stickers on plates that may be able to be removed.

"F" them. There is no Freaken way I ever let them put stickers where I don't want them. That is why the local HD dealer does all my inspections. The sticker goes where I want it.

The S-50 is a great bike, I had a 2005. Fast and lots of torq. Great fuel mileage. It is a small bike, super low seat height, easy to handle.

My only complaint with that bike:

At freeway speeds 75+ mph = very high RPMs = hands numb and exhaust tone that will drive you crazy (if you have pipes). This unit needs a 6th gear just like the TW, not sure if newer models have a 6th gear, mine only had 5.

Other than that, great little bike!
    dogonit likes this.
    Yamaha - 1992 TW200
    BMW - 1995 R1100GS

Quote Originally Posted by 1911garand View Post
    The S-50 is a great bike, I had a 2005. Fast and lots of torq. Great fuel mileage. It is a small bike, super low seat height, easy to handle.

My only complaint with that bike:

At freeway speeds 75+ mph = very high RPMs = hands numb and exhaust tone that will drive you crazy (if you have pipes). This unit needs a 6th gear just like the TW, not sure if newer models have a 6th gear, mine only had 5.

Other than that, great little bike!
    Every bike I have had, whether 4, 5 or 6 speed I have always been looking for that next gear. If running freeways all day this isn't the bike, but I still tend to run country roads in the 40-60 range with occasional maniacal bursts to whatever. The interstates I usually never ride more than an hour or so and don't have too much of an issue with that.
    jtomelliott49 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dogonit View Post
    Every bike I have had, whether 4, 5 or 6 speed I have always been looking for that next gear. If running freeways all day this isn't the bike, but I still tend to run country roads in the 40-60 range with occasional maniacal bursts to whatever. The interstates I usually never ride more than an hour or so and don't have too much of an issue with that.
    Well - then this bike will be perfect. That 805cc liq cooled engine is very impressive.

Here "was" my 2005:

Last edited by 1911garand; 03-31-2016 at 02:11 PM.
    dogonit and jtomelliott49 like this.
    Yamaha - 1992 TW200
    BMW - 1995 R1100GS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links