TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Bw 200

10K views 27 replies 15 participants last post by  rebelyell 
#1 ·
Have a chance to buy a 1985 BW 200. Anybody ever had one of those? Would it be impossible to find parts for it? I love the look of the big boy and am sure it could rip through some trails!!!

#6 ·
I wonder if one of those BW350 lumps could be transplanted into a TW200?
+ a decent suspension = Heaven!
But while we're dreaming...add EFI & 6-speed = Hoochie Mama!
And a new out-the-door price of $3,700...what say, Yamaha?

#11 ·
I have an 85 put new tires on it,changed oil,adjusted valves,new chains n rebuilt carb n rode it.The bike is fun as long as you don't expect to ride it like a racing 125,the suspension is marshmallow soft like a big bouncing oversized mini bike but pick up the pace and she bottoms out bad,front drum isn't great for stopping., My bike needs a a new lighting coil n when I come to a stop the bike flames out not sure if that's the cdi or not? I take it out to pa to coal hills to putter around need to get the chain guard as it tearing up boots.I don't want to get rid of her but nj has no place legal to ride unless your plated.

#18 ·
pm sent

This post has been deleted
#21 · (Edited)
BTW, if ANYONE on this forum is interested in picking up ONE....or TWO.....BW200s....I just happen to know of a fellow forum member that has two of them available, and for sale.

I have seen these.....they look darn nice.....and are worth the million dollars he is asking for them :p

Seriously...here is the local CL ad for them: Yamaha Big Wheel 1987 BW200E & 1985 BW200

As I said, I have seen these...I know the previous owner that had them for years, and sold them to the current owner...so they are GOOD.

View attachment 29082

NOW, if anyone has, or knows of, a BW350 for sale, please let me know. I have a project in mind :D
These are both super nice original BW00's TWlight found for me about a year ago and could be had by any forum member for much less than my CL ad states
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motorcycle Automotive tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motorcycle Automotive tire

1885 & 1787e (electric start & kicker)

I can deliver between Seattle and Ohio mid June to mid July when I make a run back east to grab my new trailer

This post has been deleted
#24 ·
I have a very clever plan as to what I want to do with this BW350.

Think of this.....the REAR wheel of a TW200......put one on the FRONT of the BW350, and another one on the REAR of the BW350, with ATV tires instead of the TW34 Bridgestone.

14" laced up wheels, instead of the 12" semi-solid wheels.

And yes...I did already check.....the REAR brake drum of a TW200 is the same brake drum used on the FRONT of a BW350...same Yamaha part number.:D

Best of luck with this project, I am looking forward to seeing the results :D!

#27 ·
Looking at the BW350 rear wheel / swing arm etc it's an 8" wheel and very tight right up to the swingarm with less than 1" clearance so I suspect a swing arm extension will be in order but the BW350 is an AWESOME machine :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.