New bike?
Close

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By phelonius
  • 1 Post By phelonius

Thread: New bike?

New bike?

At the present time all my funds are devoted to buying a new house. Depending on how much of my savings will disappear down that hole, I might think about a new bike.
    If so, I will most likely defect to the enemy. I have had 3 TWs now and am looking favorably at a Van Van. I have had good luck with all five Suzukis I have owned and the Van van has a lot about it I like. The saddle looks to be far more comfortable than the TW for starters. Suzukis 200CC DR is a proven thing, I would feel better with a carburator but that's just the luddite in me. I hae owned 3 bikes woth fuel injection han none of them gave problems. All three started easy, idled easy and smoothly, and had good throttle response. Two were Motoguzzi and one was Yamaha. I don't do more than an hour in the saddle at a time and on this island, high speed is not needed.
    no where on this island is more than 55 MPH allowed and the revenue enhancement folks are expensive here. I would probably fit it with a light weight sidecar to carry my wheel chair anyway. Way back in my youth, I had a 90CC 2 stroke Suzuki with enormus fat tires. I have always missed that one after I sold it at the wifes' behest. I never should have sold it, she deserted me a year later anyway. I believe it was an RV 90. Incredibly fun
    Last edited by phelonius; 09-27-2016 at 12:36 AM.
    littletommy likes this.
    Phelonius

I would think a switch might be a smart move. If only for the fuel injection. When I lived on the Big Island, the fuel quality was poor and it ate carburetor parts. Not an issue with FI. With a hack I bet you could find a car tire for the rear. Save up and install a leading link front end. I once dreamed of a hack set up such that you could roll up with a special wheel chair, lock it in and it becomes the sidecar wheel. Like a transformer.
    Tonto
    on the "Left Coast"
    2015 BMW F700GS
    2005 V Star 1100
    lost count on TWs, 3?
    More Wagging and less Barking
    Make Love not War

I have thought about that , but wheelchair wheels are too weak. I would have to be a dedicated sidecar but not needed to be wide enough to wheel into.
    My wheelchairs collapse narrower to fit in easily. On my Rokon I carry it in a loop welded to the back of the hack.
    I could even put the hack from the rokon on it and the Rokon could be a two wheeler. It is not good as a sidecar machine anyway.
    Last edited by phelonius; 09-27-2016 at 03:38 PM.
    littletommy likes this.
    Phelonius

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Defecting to the enemy? Just think of it as keeping your enemy closer ;D
    KJ, just KJ, ok.

Current rides:
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500, 1999 Toyota 4Runner

Past rides: 2015 Yamaha XT 250, 1997 Suzuki DR 200, 2007 Honda Ruckus, 2007 Yamaha TW 200, 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 500, 2009 Kawasaki KLX331S; 1994 GMC Sierra 1500, 1987 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 Acura Integra, 1986 Honda CRX, 1989 Jeep Cherokee, 1994 Chevrolet Astro Van, 1979 Volkswagen Rabbit, 1984 Jeep Cherokee

Sponosred Links