Most used atv accessories?
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Most used atv accessories?

Most used atv accessories?

Wife is going to take delivery of her brand new Honda Foreman 500 this afternoon....What should I start budgeting for?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Horn Pommel/Tank bags...very universal.. they can go from your saddle to the atv.
    Keeps her drinks handy as well as anything else she may need.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=ARG7G0R08BT18

Oh and I love the atv handlebar mitts when it's cold.....as long as I can remember where all the buttons are cause once they are covered up I kinda forget where everything is.

And a WINCH!!!!! I've used our winch to pull bushes/trees out, help get myself out of a nasty spot, help pull The Admiral out of a nasty spot.
    Last edited by Mrs. Admiral; 10-24-2016 at 11:45 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Admiral View Post
    Horn Pommel/Tank bags...very universal.. they can go from your saddle to the atv.
    Keeps her drinks handy as well as anything else she may need.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=ARG7G0R08BT18
    Good idea....gonna be used for Ranch/farm work mostly....the dub kept bucking her off in the mud....

littletommy and jtomelliott49 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Admiral View Post
    Oh and I love the atv handlebar mitts when it's cold.....as long as I can remember where all the buttons are cause once they are covered up I kinda forget where everything is.

And a WINCH!!!!! I've used our winch to pull bushes/trees out, help get myself out of a nasty spot, help pull The Admiral out of a nasty spot.
    Winch is a given....gonna put a plow on it before winter....have a blade for the small tractors but i think a plow on the wheeler would be handier for the cost....

Its home....and has a buddy to hang out with..

Quote Originally Posted by Flathats View Post
    Winch is a given....gonna put a plow on it before winter....
    Just something to look into. I've seen subjects talking about the short raising and lowering of the plow to be bad for (hard on) a winch. I've had a wench, but never a winch - so no personal experience, but you might look into it. They make a ???(mini plow winch) designed specifically in a manner for the short and constant up and down movement of the plow.
    jtomelliott49 and Dryden-Tdub like this.

Looks like a very solid machine. Have fun with it.
    Tom in Wichita

78 Moto Guzzi SP1000
    87 Yamaha TW200
    99 Yamaha TW200
    03 Honda Shadow Spirit (girlfriend's ride)
    74 Moto Guzzi Eldorado Police model (in many pieces)

I think they still make stiffer front shocks for plowing. Don't know how much you plan on doing but it may be something to keep in mind.

Just sold my Brute Force and got the TW. Had almost 7000 miles on it. In all that time I used my winch once. And it was to pull out somebody I didn't know, who had got caught in the soft snow on the side of the groomer track and got stuck.
    If you have other uses for a winch, bonus (yard work, dragging stuff around the old homestead...).
    I had some useful things on the Brute, but I'd say the one thing I wouldn't wanted to have been without was the back seat. (Please save the safety comments) The main function of it was storage, and lots of it. It doesn't interfere with riding, and the u-shaped storage holds a LOT of gear, and the cushioned seat is the prefect spot to put a medium sized cooler, and I've also plunked a 5-gallon gas can on the seat for those long days, or a weekend in an area where you can't get to a gas station...whatever large item you put there is already blocked on 3 sides, so it's easy to secure and you don't even know it's there. While it's not considered safe to do, you can carry a passenger more safely and comfortably (if you need/choose to) than sitting on the rack.
    They have some seriously huge and fancy ones if you're riding two-up a lot, but for if it'll be mainly used for storage you can pick up a basic one on <insert your applicable Internet classifies website here> for likely $50 or so.
    Again, please no safety posts. Everything is dangerous, but common sense needs to prevail. My wife rode on the back a fair amount, and if something looked the slightest bit iffy, I stopped, she walked, and I picked her back up on the other side.

A good solid windshield and fairing is also awesome in the winter, but I cut down the windshield a few inches on mine so I was looking over it rather than through it. The first splash of mud on it and you're trying to see through mud all day. I put my fairing and windshield (VIP Air) on as soon as I got it and didn't realize the huge difference it makes until I went for a winter ride with it off one day.
    Last edited by GCFishguy; 10-25-2016 at 05:11 PM.
    Flathats likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links