The Best Engine Swap Ever in the Whole Wide World for the TW
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: The Best Engine Swap Ever in the Whole Wide World for the TW

The Best Engine Swap Ever in the Whole Wide World for the TW

This is just an idea but think of all the options you have to choose from in the whole wide world.

This is "THEE" ticket...to all our lack-O-Power TW Blues.

It's a lawn Mower engine. Mrgizmo are you working overtime? This is the best idea ever!

I just saw this on the local C-List and had a good chuckle and just had to pass it along!
    bad luck, Tweaker, Ken and 6 others like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Woo Hoo! I can build that 420cc lawn tractor bike I've dreamed of for under $500!

750122_2_2000x2000.jpg
    Hidden Content Midlife Crisis Mode - Activated! Hidden Content
    My 2-Wheel Babies: 2017 Versys X 300 - 2006 Kawasaki Nomad 1600 - 2009 Piaggio MP3 500 - 2014 Honda Ruckus
    My Other Recreational Rides: 1991 Bluebird Prison RV - Cheap Kayak - Burning Man Bike

Could you imagine what the mower looks like? He probably mounted the tw200 on the mower and now has the fastest mowing machine around!!
    2016 TW200
    2016 Skidoo T3 154"
    2007 skidoo 800XRS 151" motor built by SHR
    2015 Polaris XP1000 Sportsman
    2013 Polaris XP850 sportsman
    2016 Polaris RZR 170

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Growing up one of my pals dad was the local auto repair station mechanic. They found an old 2 man chain saw made by McCulloch and the engine was pretty big and still running but the saw blade was shot. His dad put that engine, I think it was 7 HP, on a go cart frame. The cart was sick! Easily did 100 MPH and we lived on a side road just off the main highway with a long straight passing zone. Cops caught my pal on the highway and clocked him on radar at 88 MPH. They dragged him home to his dad at 14 years old but no ticket, just a good scolding and warning to stay off the highway. Yeah, that worked! :-))). About a week later his brother who was 16 got busted again by the same cop doing 94 MPH down the straight. The cop was waiting at the house when he got home and the choice was dad could go to jail or the cart was confiscated. That was the last we ever saw the cart. Some of these lawn mower and chain saw motors made ridiculous power at stupid RPMs and if you ever watch one of the lumberjack shows when they cut the logs with monster saws the things are crazy. That old 2 man saw engine on a TW would have been deadly.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    Growing up one of my pals dad was the local auto repair station mechanic. They found an old 2 man chain saw made by McCulloch and the engine was pretty big and still running but the saw blade was shot. His dad put that engine, I think it was 7 HP, on a go cart frame. The cart was sick! Easily did 100 MPH and we lived on a side road just off the main highway with a long straight passing zone. Cops caught my pal on the highway and clocked him on radar at 88 MPH. They dragged him home to his dad at 14 years old but no ticket, just a good scolding and warning to stay off the highway. Yeah, that worked! :-))). About a week later his brother who was 16 got busted again by the same cop doing 94 MPH down the straight. The cop was waiting at the house when he got home and the choice was dad could go to jail or the cart was confiscated. That was the last we ever saw the cart. Some of these lawn mower and chain saw motors made ridiculous power at stupid RPMs and if you ever watch one of the lumberjack shows when they cut the logs with monster saws the things are crazy. That old 2 man saw engine on a TW would have been deadly.

GaryL
    Thats awesome. Reminds me of my go cart that i had when i was a kid. My dad built it with an old lombard chainsaw engine he had from his old saw. I think that motor was ~75cc and it was strong. I have no idea how fast it was but i know it would absolutely blow away my friend's cart that had a 10hp briggs on it. We raced around the block so many times and he never won.
    Pair of 2006 TW's modded to the hilt and a Ducati Multistrada.

Hidden Content

You could also mount a small mower deck and make some extra money on your way home.

Ken
    I think since the TW is low and slow a diesel engine would just push it through anything.

Quote Originally Posted by jb882 View Post
    Thats awesome. Reminds me of my go cart that i had when i was a kid. My dad built it with an old lombard chainsaw engine he had from his old saw. I think that motor was ~75cc and it was strong. I have no idea how fast it was but i know it would absolutely blow away my friend's cart that had a 10hp briggs on it. We raced around the block so many times and he never won.
    I grew up on a lake and we did all sorts of stupid stuff with boats and motors. Had an old aluminum row boat rated for a 10 HP motor and me and brother dropped a 35 on it. Blasted around the lake for most of a day and it probably went around 50 MPH and one of us had to sit up front to keep it from flipping. Just before my dad got home from work we did a hole shot and tore the transom right off the boat and had to go diving for the motor. Lake was only 20 feet deep in the deepest spots but man was dad pissed. We fixed the motor and dad bought us a home made hydroplane, mushroom shaped boat we put that motor on. We could only run it when the lake was mirror smooth but wow was that thing fast. We were always in some kind of trouble.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    We were always in some kind of trouble.

GaryL
    That's called being a kid!

From the un-stoppable go-cart with the 10 horse rototiller engine to the funky dune buggie with an engine out of a crown Vic cop car we could never leave anything alone.

As long as it rolled & you could ride it, there were great times to be had! m.
    Smitty Blackstone and GaryL like this.

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    This is just an idea but think of all the options you have to choose from in the whole wide world.

This is "THEE" ticket...to all our lack-O-Power TW Blues.

It's a lawn Mower engine. Mrgizmo are you working overtime? This is the best idea ever!

I just saw this on the local C-List and had a good chuckle and just had to pass it along!

that reminds me of a certain honda ct we just saw
    admiral and Smitty Blackstone like this.
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links