I let my memories get the better of me.
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: I let my memories get the better of me.

I let my memories get the better of me.

Today I wrote a check for 5300 dollars to purchase ,out the door off the show room floor, a brand new VanVan.
    That include all the state taxes and licensing and all the other government greed, set up etcetera.
    The same dealer sold T Dubs so I could ogle them side by side. Prices were the same. The worst thing I could say about the dub was its' lack of a saddle.
    The Van Van has a real honest to goodness saddle. It was like comparing riding a 2X6 to a real saddle.
    The Van Van runs on fuel injection. I expect a bit better gas milage because of this.
    The VanVan has more civilized tires than the Dub. It will be better suited for the street with these.
    At 73 years and two paralyzed legs, I don't expect to be going into the wilder areas any more anyway. Rear sprocket is 46 teeth.
    I will most likely change this to a 50 or 52 tooth. I haven't decided to build a sidecar or use one from Washington State that I have all the parts for
    or to modify the one that is presently on my Rokon, but it will get a sidecar.
    I do not have the ability to post photos from my camera but I will figure out how to do that when the time comes.
    It is a bit prettier than a dub, sort of like a High school cheerleader compared to Clementine. They both have attractions, but different.
    Anyway this is likely the last motorcycle I will ever buy, at least new, so I will have to make the best of it.

Oh and I forgot to mention, it has a factory oil cooler.
    Last edited by phelonius; 07-15-2017 at 03:07 PM.
    Phelonius

OMG!! My first two wheel ride since I sold my last TW in Hawaii 6 years ago. After unloading the truck, I let my brotherinlaw try it out. He came back with a shoulder to shoulder grin! I got out of my wheel chair and handed him my cane. I struggled to get my leg over the bike but noticed that even with the large saddle, it was easier than the T W I had sat on at the shop. I felt like a rank beginner. The bike felt alien to me and I had a worry that I had dropped more than 5 grand on something I could not use. I nicked into gear and was off. It was incredibly smooth and I quickly got the balance of it again although not with the élan I had known in years gone by. I rolled up about 6 miles on the OD before I came home and put it away. Yes I too had a shoulder to shoulder grin. I will learn to ride this thing all over again!
    Ken, Fred, Mel and 21 others like this.
    Phelonius

Ken
    Great news that you are still able to ride. I guess no new wheelie adventures though. I'm glad you found what will work for you.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Most excellent news imaginable!
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Congratulations on your new bike! Any bike that keeps you in the saddle with a grin on your face is an acceptable bike. Enjoy the new ride..

Go Brother Go!!

Great news!!
    SanDue, Bobo413, Ken and 2 others like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

rbm
    Phelonius, Have you thought about one of the pneumatic (possibly electric?) side (training like)wheel systems instead of a sidecar?

Not interested in those. I have piloted sidecars since 1967 and have faith in them. This will be the twelfth sidecar when I get it mounted.
    Also, they carry more groceries and junk than any other motorcycle. I am curious about what gas milage will be with this new fuel injection.
    It has a 46 tooth sprocket on the rear so as a two wheeler it should get about 70 MPG when I learn to ride it.
    littletommy, Tweaker, Ken and 5 others like this.
    Phelonius

We're excited for you phelonius!!
    Quote Originally Posted by phelonius View Post
    Not interested in those. I have piloted sidecars since 1967 and have faith in them. This will be the twelfth sidecar when I get it mounted.
    Also, they carry more groceries and junk than any other motorcycle. I am curious about what gas milage will be with this new fuel injection.
    It has a 46 tooth sprocket on the rear so as a two wheeler it should get about 70 MPG when I learn to ride it.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Sounds like a winner for you. Happy for you also.
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links