KTM Introduces Freeride E-XC Electric Offroader
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: KTM Introduces Freeride E-XC Electric Offroader

KTM Introduces Freeride E-XC Electric Offroader

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ktm-intro...000333353.html

The E-XC has an introductory price of $8,299, just $300 more than the gas-engine Freeride 250R.
    Last edited by littletommy; 07-26-2017 at 08:36 PM. Reason: added price
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

That is a lot of coin for a motorcycle that relies on a battery......... I noticed there was no mention of run time? Or did I miss that info?

Tom
    littletommy likes this.
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

It's probably hard for them to estimate since it has 3 power modes which each rider would use differently, but they could have said something... ?? The recharge time sounded OK though.
    Dryden-Tdub and Tweaker like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    It's probably hard for them to estimate since it has 3 power modes which each rider would use differently, but they could have said something... ?? The recharge time sounded OK though.
    Yeah, 80 minutes is definitely reasonable. Too bad an extra battery pack likely costs another $1200 to $1800.

Tom
    littletommy likes this.
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

The flat KTM PowerPack is completely recharged in only 80 minutes (80% in 50 minutes), so nothing stands in the way of up to an hour of riding fun, depending on terrain and riding style.
    littletommy likes this.

Seems odd they didn't keep the ergonomics of braking the same. Folks are going to subconsciously got o clutch when shifting and skid out.
    littletommy likes this.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

"I thought the slowest bike i have ever owned was going to kill me." - Hidden Content

The John Birch Society is too Liberal.

I wonder if they will offer a sound effects option?

Choose between the "ring-ding-ding" of a two stroke, the "thump-thump-thump" of a four stroke thumper, or maybe the "potato-potato-potato" of a big V-twin Harley .

The author jokes about events at the local Target. At the rate things are going that may indeed be what off-roading means.
    littletommy likes this.

There's a paradigm shift taking place from a fixed amount of fossil fuels to renewable electric power. This shift and Tessa's forward thinking are what is driving a crazy pricing of his stock. Although hydrocarbon fuel may be able to be manufactured by bacteria which means gas could be renewable. Hydro carbon fuel still has pollution impacts. The other day I heard the president of Toyota poo pooing Tessa's model 3 saying only some fraction of a percent of all cars are electric. And what with 2$ gas electric cars are not that reasonable. Ha no forward thinker there. What does make sense is that as battery technology improves (and it will continue to improve in storage capacity and cost) renewable solar electric power and electric vehicles makes a ton of sense in the long term. This is a cool bike I love to see the forward thinking by KTM.
    Last edited by Tweaker; 07-27-2017 at 01:37 PM.
    littletommy likes this.
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

Battery vehicle technology is certainly getting better, with range being perhaps most important to me. A fifty mile range on a E-XC could excite me.
    On the summer solstice ride some folks in a new Volt showed up in my remote camp well beyond the travel radius I thought reasonable. They claimed their vehicle with a 200+ mile range should get them home, guess they made it.

However I feel electric cars, bikes and buses should be able to stand on their own feet economy wise.
    No additional national debt should be incurred via tax incentives to manufacturers nor rebates to consumers in oder to stimulate sales. This is supposed to be a free market economy so sink or swim, don’t count on my tax dollars to prop up noncompetitive products. Let’s get rid of the Chicken Tax on light truck imports from the 60’s too, knock a good ten grand off that new Tacoma’s sticker price.
    I really resent attempts at more social engineering like my home utility rate going up so as to subsidize charging stations for e-vehicles in metropolitan areas. I will never see a benefit from this.
    Last edited by Fred; 07-27-2017 at 01:48 PM.
    Tweaker and littletommy like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links