Passion is Important: Why Utilitarian Bikes Aren't More Popular
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Passion is Important: Why Utilitarian Bikes Aren't More Popular

Passion is Important: Why Utilitarian Bikes Aren't More Popular

Tweaker, Rockit, Ken and 2 others like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

I am going to go to the beach and get some chicks to pose by my TW like the MB 5 photo.
    admiral, littletommy and Ken like this.
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

Quote Originally Posted by Tweaker View Post
    I am going to go to the beach and get some chicks to pose by my TW like the MB 5 photo.

It's true, the TW is a chick magnet. I think it's documented on here somewhere. Then put us guys in the picture and we ruin it.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Blacks Beach? Please get lot's of pictures!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tweaker View Post
    Ken, Tweaker, Howsbentley and 1 others like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Dining outdoors at my local restaurant the other night a pair of Honda Grom riders showed and joined the table next to us. Grinning ear to ear as they zoomed up looking like they were having a ball, and their bikes were the envy of their friends. My imagination perhaps but I thought other patrons were staring past line of parked chrome bedazzled V-Twins with interest at theses unusual mini-hooligan machines. Interesting what catches the eye, the Grom certainly has a unique look and seems to have more of a youthful urban appeal than the TrailWay.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Interesting article. Coincidentally, I just bought a 2007 SV650 which is much more rideable than the FZR400 sport bike that I am selling. The SV prices are very reasonable (less than a TW200). Since I am 74y.o. I still ride as much as I can and the Suzuki does everything as well as all my past bikes have done. It can perform like a sport bike or be ridden for hours without pain. However, my TW is still unique and will be ridden for a long time to come.
    Fred, littletommy, Tweaker and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    Blacks Beach? Please get lot's of pictures!!
    Tommy you'd be disappointed not too many chicks at Blacks anymore only old gay men, surfers and fishermen.
    littletommy likes this.
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytrail View Post
    Interesting article. Coincidentally, I just bought a 2007 SV650 which is much more rideable than the FZR400 sport bike that I am selling. The SV prices are very reasonable (less than a TW200). Since I am 74y.o. I still ride as much as I can and the Suzuki does everything as well as all my past bikes have done. It can perform like a sport bike or be ridden for hours without pain. However, my TW is still unique and will be ridden for a long time to come.
    I have a 2007 sv650 also, but I couldn't ride very far without pain until I bought a sargent seat.
    But I agree it's a great bike.
    admiral and littletommy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    It's true, the TW is a chick magnet. I think it's documented on here somewhere. Then put us guys in the picture and we ruin it.
    I'm not sure I would agree. Motorcycles impress dudes, not girls. I find girls that don't ride don't know and don't care about bikes. They know 'Harley' and 'CBR'. If you don't ride a Harley, it must be a CBR.

20170823_080203.jpg

They know mine don't have enough chrome to be a Harley, so they must be CBRs. Here's both my CBRs. The little one in the front is a 600. The big one in the back is a 1000.
    littletommy, Peterb and nobade like this.

From the article: " If someone needs a hammer, it doesn’t matter how good a screwdriver they could buy for the same money when what they really need is a hammer."

I think that sums it up right there. The TW suits ME. Plug along through the trails and dirt roads, seeing things, arse on the seat, purring along in 2nd or 3rd gear.

There's a guy at work that gave up riding due to family and kids. He saw my TW and was all excited for me. I saw him and his buddy looking at it in the parking lot...his buddy rides sport bikes, so I figured I was in for a ribbing. Sport bike guy says, "You know, that's the PERFECT bike right there....you can go anywhere and do anything you want with it."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links