Crf 250L LT????
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Crf 250L LT????

Crf 250L LT????

Okay LT, what's up? not yet a peep from you about your CRF. I would enjoy a compare and contrast TW and CRF from a guy who is a certified TW wing nut like you. Anything to reveal? Thx for your contributions to this forum. Have you joined a CRF forum?

'13 TW200

A.T.

haha Bentley, you're funny bro. I've ridden it a couple hundred miles now. Mostly though, I've been waiting on the paperwork for it to get it registered, but took care of that Wednesday. It's a good little bike, but you can't really compare them to a TW. It handles totally different. I did have to make some modifications on it to be able to get on and off it comfortably. It got lowered an inch and three quarters in the rear and an inch in the front, so had to get an adjustable kickstand for it to work for me after lowering it. I've added a small rally windshield and it has had a Gorilla alarm installed. I also had to take off the passenger hand strap on the seat, it hurt my hips sitting on it and I don't plan on hauling anyone. It has a small strap on bag on the bars and I plan to add a small collapsible tail bag for when I'm out and about and need to grab something little at the store, other than that, I'm done with it. It's a nice bike, responsive and handles well. Its an ok bike right out of the box (for the street). If I was still able to ride off road, I'd change the front sprocket to a smaller one and do some airbox mods. I like the fuel injection and it's dependable as all git out. Only thing I don't like is the tension required to hold the throttle on. My hands go numb and cramp up fast. I added some Grip-Puppies, that helped a little. All in all, a sweet little bike, and I'll keep it a while, but it will be the next bike to go, I just find the scooter so much easier to ride. It's effortless and so easy to just hop on and go...
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

No, I've not joined a CRF forum and don't plan to.

There's no place like home... !!
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

LT why the L and not the Rally? I was was thinking of the rally my self, now I am leaning toward a KTM 350.
    jtomelliott49 and littletommy like this.

"Only thing I don't like is the tension required to hold the throttle on. My hands go numb and cramp up fast."

https://www.throttlerocker.com/

jtomelliott49 and littletommy like this.

Does LT stand for Lousy Traitor?????? lololol Everybody needs more bikes! I am thinking about selling my '99 TW to help finance a 350 dual sport. I would like a nineties DR350 or an XT350. There's' a Honda 650 locally for a little under three grand, but that's maybe a little much for a kick start only bike. I don't know how anybody survives without at least one TW. Kinda like a pickup truck, I don't want to be without one. hahaha
    Tom in Wichita

78 Moto Guzzi SP1000
    87 Yamaha TW200
    99 Yamaha TW200
    03 Honda Shadow Spirit (girlfriend's ride)
    74 Moto Guzzi Eldorado Police model (in many pieces)

I didn't have a choice. It was a trade along with a scooter for my Suzuki V-Strom.
    Quote Originally Posted by cccan View Post
    LT why the L and not the Rally? I was was thinking of the rally my self, now I am leaning toward a KTM 350.

Thanks Peter! I do have one, but haven't tried it again since I put on the Grip Puppies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterb View Post
    "Only thing I don't like is the tension required to hold the throttle on. My hands go numb and cramp up fast."

https://www.throttlerocker.com/

jtomelliott49 and Peterb like this.

Lousy Traitor..haha haha!! Good luck with your search Tom!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jtomelliott49 View Post
    Does LT stand for Lousy Traitor?????? lololol Everybody needs more bikes! I am thinking about selling my '99 TW to help finance a 350 dual sport. I would like a nineties DR350 or an XT350. There's' a Honda 650 locally for a little under three grand, but that's maybe a little much for a kick start only bike. I don't know how anybody survives without at least one TW. Kinda like a pickup truck, I don't want to be without one. hahaha
    jtomelliott49 likes this.

Hahahaha!!!!!! I must keep my '87 TW. MUST KEEP IT! I'm glad yours went to a good home.
    littletommy likes this.
    Tom in Wichita

78 Moto Guzzi SP1000
    87 Yamaha TW200
    99 Yamaha TW200
    03 Honda Shadow Spirit (girlfriend's ride)
    74 Moto Guzzi Eldorado Police model (in many pieces)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links