The XT200 Files - Page 9
Close

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Like Tree236Likes

Thread: The XT200 Files

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Want extra discs? Bring to MOAB?
    Used to tune the 2-smokers varying the number of discs. More discs = more noise = more low end.......fewer discs = peakier power = lean = good for high elevations
    Do not know how to tune 4-strokes with the Supertrapp but your threaded shaft looks unnecessarily long.
    Squirrel the XT is coming to Moab as a pinch hitter if needed. As you well know, having two running motorcycles comes in handy. If the XT hadn't been running during the Winom-Frazier and Dug Bar rides last year, I'd have been walking. My TW was still down while I tried to diagnose what later turned out to be a bad pulser coil. XT did great as a backup quarterback!
    ejfranz likes this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by mountain yawp View Post
    If the xt has any health issue, they are definitely caused by its previous owner. Admiral is too nice to throw me under the bus, but that bike was more neglected than I realized when I sold it to him. Luckily he is good at bike rehab. He has done a great job and I smile every time I see him riding it.
    Someone else owned the XT before you right? It's their fault. Actually, probably more a product of age than anything else so no need to through blame darts. ...unless it's some weirdo who forgets to tighten the axle nut when he adjusted the chain. ...after he got a flat fixed. Oops.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Originally Posted by Fred
    Do not know how to tune 4-strokes with the Supertrapp but your threaded shaft looks unnecessarily long.

Quote Originally Posted by joeband View Post
    oh fred.... TMI.

Bwhahahaha

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    ...unless it's some weirdo who forgets to tighten the axle nut when he adjusted the chain. ...after he got a flat fixed. Oops.
    Admiral, I am so disappointed to see this! After all, we know that you have the proper tool for that job .

IMG_0254.JPG

Oops, I left the shop door open and a stray took up residence. The stray is an 89 XT350 with about 8,500 miles. Got it for $500. It's heart is very strong but it does need some attention from the pet groomer or pet cosmetologist. This has a little extra umpf when the trottle is twisted.

See it didn't take long to put the hammer down on the "new" Mono Cross.
    admiral, ejfranz and Ken like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    See it didn't take long to put the hammer down on the "new" Mono Cross.
    Good eye. Mrs. Admiral remembered it and strategically placed it. I would'a forgot.
    Ken and Fred like this.

Nice find. They are heavy and tall geared, but with a little work it will make a good Idaho back road explorer.
    admiral likes this.
    2001 TW200 sporting a MT43 up front. Duro has gone to a good home. 2015 VStrom XT, 1996 DT 200, Broken 2010 Xingue 400 XY. 2009 WR250r now shared with my son.

Quote Originally Posted by ejfranz View Post
    Nice find. They are heavy and tall geared, but with a little work it will make a good Idaho back road explorer.
    You ain't kidding it's tall geared. I wasn't expecting that when I took it on a test run. This ain't gonna be a trail bike but something long range more like what we rode the first three days down on the Fleet ride. It'll take a little getting used to.
    Ken and ejfranz like this.

In addition to the hammer I see you have your American flag proudly displayed. Good for you!
    Nice to see that you run counter to the recent survey that shows a majority of polled Democrats are not proud to be an American. Still the majority of those polled are proud to be Americans.
    Mrs. Admiral and admiral like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Sponosred Links