TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

in the muck and snow

1K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  grewen 
#1 ·
Wilderness Tree Water Natural environment Nature reserve
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Soil Trail
i left Armstrong yesterday and headed for my first off road trip on the DR. i was planning on going up into the hills on Cedar Hill RD just east of Falkland and doing the short loop and returning into Falkland. After a few wrong turns and riding through some muck and snow, i ended up at Pinaus Lake. Carrying on and turning onto Tuk rd ( big mistake) which was slick with that clay mud crap, i managed to turn around and get out without tipping over. i ended up at Westwold and headed home on the black top. could have been in real trouble if it started to snow while on tuk rd. the stock tires surprized me, they did ok. i think next riding season. i'm going to have to find a riding partner

See less See more
#2 ·
Love the sign on the tree. :p Riding in the Muck and Snow almost makes you want to go ride on those nice pretty roads in Behind the Rocks don't it. Probably not there either eh? :D

#3 ·
that part of the road where the picture was taken was a good road, but a few miles further on and it turned to crap very fast. also, if I would take the time to learn how to do mapping and put tracks in my gps, then maybe I wouldn't get lost and take the wrong roads. it was a great ride and I will be back in the summer, if the whole place isn't on fire again.

thanks for making the picture seeable ( if that is a word) Kris

#4 ·
that part of the road where the picture was taken was a good road, but a few miles further on and it turned to crap very fast. also, if I would take the time to learn how to do mapping and put tracks in my gps, then maybe I wouldn't get lost and take the wrong roads. it was a great ride and I will be back in the summer, if the whole place isn't on fire again.

thanks for making the picture seeable ( if that is a word) Kris

Should make this one seeable too because it's purty.

#6 ·
Looks like that DR will fill almost all of your riding needs as a decent highway and forest road bike. With the extra hp it should do well with 2up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.