Latest Pony in the Stable
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Latest Pony in the Stable

Latest Pony in the Stable

20171209_162459_resized.jpg
    I go pick it up Monday.

In other news, I swapped my 2011 GSC Blur 220i for a 2014 Honda Ruckus through a private party. The kid got the better bike because, while it's cute as a bug and has a crazy cult following, the Ruckus isn't in as good shape and is pitifully underpowered. It needs brake shoes on both front and rear drum brakes, a new brake lever on the right, some touch-up paint, and sticker removal. But I expect with these minor touch-ups (less than $100 total), its cult status will mean I can sell it this spring for more than I would get for the superior but unknown Blur.

This now makes my current bike list as follows:
    • 2017 Versys X 300 (new!)
    • 2014 Honda Ruckus (just traded for the 2011 Blur 220 - to be sold in spring to help pay for Versys)
    • 2009 Piaggio MP3 500 (to be sold in spring - or kept as a novelty)
    • 2006 Kawasaki Nomad (to be sold in spring to help pay for Versys)
    • 1999 & 1996 TW200 (to be bundled and sold together this spring to help pay for new TW)

Eventually, I want to get down to just the Versys and TW200 which will lighten the tax and insurance load.
    scotti158, Peterb, Ken and 11 others like this.
    Hidden Content Midlife Crisis Mode - Activated! Hidden Content
    My 2-Wheel Babies: 2017 Versys X 300 - 2006 Kawasaki Nomad 1600 - 2009 Piaggio MP3 500 - 2014 Honda Ruckus
    My Other Recreational Rides: 1991 Bluebird Prison RV - Cheap Kayak - Burning Man Bike

Eventually, I want to get down to just the Versys and TW200

Thats what I want to get my list down to also. I haven't even ridden the Versys 300 yet but it looks like my next bike. Love my FZ6 but I can't help but drive stupid on it and should get rid of it while I still have a licence.

The versys 300 seems to be very popular for good reason. I too would love to have one along with my TW. Although, Kawasaki just dropped the ninja 300 and replaced it with the ninja 400, so there is now endless debating over how long the versys 300 will be made, or maybe upped to the 400. Which, if everything stayed the same but with the added power of the 400 engine, that would be an amazing bike. But the 300 available now sounds great too.

Congrats on your purchase. Did you go with abs or no?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Rode it home today and...

It is everything everyone says it is!

• Incredibly fun.
    • Very high strung.
    • Light.
    • Easy to handle.
    • Smooth running.
    • Goes over curbs and bumps with ease.
    • Has a brick for a seat!

Gearing feels a bit weird to me. Revs high and likes to shift quick. I'm used to taking my time ramping up between gears to get maximum revs and smooth speed. But the baby Versys truly does rev high. Even so, there's a good bit of power - definitely remind me of its sports bike heritage. I'm looking forward to finally getting past the break-in period and being able to really open it up for a longer trip.
    My 2-Wheel Babies: 2017 Versys X 300 - 2006 Kawasaki Nomad 1600 - 2009 Piaggio MP3 500 - 2014 Honda Ruckus
    My Other Recreational Rides: 1991 Bluebird Prison RV - Cheap Kayak - Burning Man Bike

Quote Originally Posted by LuvNot View Post
    Rode it home today and...

• Incredibly fun.
    • Very high strung.
    • Light.
    • Easy to handle.
    • Smooth running.

Gearing feels a bit weird to me. Revs high and likes to shift quick. I'm used to taking my time ramping up between gears to get maximum revs and smooth speed. But the baby Versys truly does rev high. Even so, there's a good bit of power - definitely remind me of its sports bike heritage. I'm looking forward to finally getting past the break-in period and being able to really open it up for a longer trip.
    PICTURES!!!! You know better young lady

Tom
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

"Rode it home today and...

• Incredibly fun.
    • Very high strung.
    • Light.
    • Easy to handle.
    • Smooth running.

Gearing feels a bit weird to me. Revs high and likes to shift quick. I'm used to taking my time ramping up between gears to get maximum revs and smooth speed. But the baby Versys truly does rev high. Even so, there's a good bit of power - definitely remind me of its sports bike heritage. I'm looking forward to finally getting past the break-in period and being able to really open it up for a longer trip."

Sounds like everything I'm wanting in a bike.... except for that seat :-( and apparently the optional thicker seat is no better. But ya I want one!

Quote Originally Posted by Dryden-Tdub View Post
    PICTURES!!!! You know better young lady

Tom
    LOL! It's winter... by the time I get home it's DARK . I will, however, take pictures today - since it's in the 50's I'm taking off to help Mom build a gazebo for her boyfriend as a christmas gift. Should have plenty of opportunities for photos

I did get a picture of the dash, tho...
    1st photo of bike.jpg
    I'll not see this again (ODO at 0) for another decade or more!

Let the Farkleing begin!!!
    littletommy likes this.

This looks like a really good bike for your tour trips if that happens. They have a nice set of accessories for it too.
    littletommy and Elvesus like this.
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

That dash looks great. I've never seen an odometer at 0 miles before. I imagine it is a hoot to watch that tach needle fly through the RPMs.
    littletommy likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links