Review-Is this the future of dirt bikes? Husqvarna's fuel-injected 2-stroke
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Review-Is this the future of dirt bikes? Husqvarna's fuel-injected 2-stroke

Review-Is this the future of dirt bikes? Husqvarna's fuel-injected 2-stroke

ejfranz, putt-putt and Elvesus like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Do you think we could fit that engine in a TW?
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

Quote Originally Posted by Tweaker View Post
    Do you think we could fit that engine in a TW?
    Should fit with plenty of room to spare - but I'm holding out for the 300!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

The Fuel Injection with oil injection and better fuel economy sounds great, but they totally lost me at 38 inch seat height. I stopped reading.

That seat height is identical to their already too tall bikes. They can't be brought down to 33 inches.

Not everyone can ride these to their full potential, I know I never would be able too, but having a real trail bike that's light, powerful, and easy to handle that has a decent suspension even if it has less travel (7 versus 12) is what 80% of all trail riders probably want/need.

If they sold a version for people with a 28-32 inch inseam, I truly wonder which version would outsell the other? I installed a lowered seat (1 inch) on my Beta Xtrainer 300, lowered the fork with a spring and spacer kit (1-5/8") and Kouba lowering link (1-5/8"). I also run LOW tire pressures, 8 F- 9 R psi. I can barely get both balls of feet down with a lot of leg extension, no knee bend. Not ideal but doable. Can't say how many times I've dropped it due to this issue , 100 ?? I considering a rear shock spacer chip (lower another inch) and raising the forks in the triples (another 5/8 inch). Wish the manufacturers would turn their focus from MX so much but I know that's what sells to the young guys.
    2017 Beta Xtrainer 300 - Suspension modified for height
    2013 Yamaha TW200 (Sold but not forgotten, possibly in the future when space permits)
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R (sold) Fun for a year, then mega garage DUST collector
    1985 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk (sold) FUN - but became a dust collector
    1984 Honda CB450SC Nighthawk (sold) Primary transportation for almost 5 years
    Various other 2 wheel rolling junk not worthy of mention....

What would be nice is if they made it street legal with a lower seat height.
    littletommy likes this.

Problem I've seen with oil injection systems is when they work they are great, but... if they fail your engine is gonna pay and you wont know til its too late. Any machine I've always had with injection I've disabled and premixed. Not all 2 stroke oils work with oil injectors either.
    littletommy likes this.
    2005 TW200
    2007 Sportster 1200

I was expecting it to be direct injected, BRP seemed to have perfected that with the Evinrude E-tec. This engine is Transfer Port Injected.......

The TPI bikes also have an oil system that's different from conventional two-strokes. No longer does the carb fill the crankcase with vaporized premix. As Viertlmayr explains: "The new bikes have a separate lubrication system, meaning there is an oil pump that is controlled by the ECU, and in the ECU there is a mapping that controls the oil pump. We can control the amount of oil that comes into the engine in every load and rpm condition."
    ejfranz and littletommy like this.

There have multiple recent articles on this subject. Until it's settled I'll lose no sleep but it keeps one occupied during the non-riding season.
    littletommy and Tweaker like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

This may be new news for Husky, but the technology has been around for a few years. The Scorpa T- Ride uses it along with another of trails / enduro hybrids.
    admiral, littletommy and Fred like this.
    2001 TW200 sporting a MT43 up front. Duro has gone to a good home. 2015 VStrom XT, 1996 DT 200, Broken 2010 Xingue 400 XY. 2009 WR250r now shared with my son.

Sherco and Beta have the same style systems and they maybe street legal. But they are still going to be tall beast so my short legged self will have to pass.
    admiral and littletommy like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links