Yamaha T7 Ultimate Off Road ADV Bike Concept
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Yamaha T7 Ultimate Off Road ADV Bike Concept

Yamaha T7 Ultimate Off Road ADV Bike Concept

Last edited by littletommy; 03-06-2018 at 08:24 PM.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

It looks pretty till you look at it critically.The skid plates looks like over kill for a bike likely still too heavy ( no weight mentioned ) to drive over rough enough terrain to warrant such protection.The console is fighting for your attention to the road like a hungry cat pacing in front of your computer screen. The seat height and gas tank could be lowered for a more stable center of gravity. Oh yeah and yet another bike with fuel injected computer run by software you'll never own and can't service yourself. If it's so light then why does it need 700cc and how fast does this thing go?...two important specs of many over looked by this article's poetic sales pitch.

That exhaust running under the engine then on the outside of the swingarm is just looking to be destroyed. I would like to see the exhaust ports at the rear of the head to an under tail exhaust. Oh and give me a big tank.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

This is the only thing that will replace my CBX anytime soon. I can't remember details or from where, but I'm pretty sure that I read in more than one place that the weight was just over 300 lbs. For me it will all depend on price.

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    300 lbs? 700CC?
    Sounds like marketing poop.

Looks like a Yamaha... Transalp... lol.
    littletommy and koolhandlinc like this.

According to this article, it could weigh up to 485 lbs once they are done with it...Ridden: Yamaha T7 prototype! - Adventure Rider Magazine
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Well that is a disappoint, littletommy. Smitty, the 2017 KTM 690 Enduro R is 309 dry. But also kinda out of my price range for now. Guess the CBX will stick for a little bit.

It's amazing that they can get any substantial motorcycle weighing in around 300 lbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by bananachunks View Post
    Well that is a disappoint, littletommy. Smitty, the 2017 KTM 690 Enduro R is 309 dry. But also kinda out of my price range for now. Guess the CBX will stick for a little bit.

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    No KTMs for me. High strung. Require too much attention. Same with Ducati.
    That is why the Multistrada sits. Every adventure is accompanied by a dealer followup visit.
    Meanwhile, the R1100R hasn't even been washed since last may, has been ridden every weekend and many weekdays for over 4k miles, and hasn't missed a beat.

Quote Originally Posted by bananachunks View Post
    Last edited by Smitty Blackstone; 03-07-2018 at 07:55 PM.

Somehow in my mind a true "ultimate" adventure bike would better protect the rather pricey bits like the Akropovic exhaust.
    A saddle comfortable for many hours day after day seems like a basic requirement for any adventure bike and I don't see one.
    An "Ideal" adventure bike should have some gear storage as well as readily replaceable parts availble globally.. Things like a common round headlight, a weldable low carbon steel frame and air cooling might allow it to make it back home from a trip to the Himalayas, the Andes, Pt.Barrow, Timbuktu etc. This one might need access to brand and model support.
    This is a handsome bike, but as is it seems to be another pretender. It could achieve a similar cult following as the Tenere for those who like the look and the self image that goes along with it. Sales are what count I guess, who cares if few adventure bike purchasers actually get to go on adventure rides? As long as the riders have fun doing what their dojng, right?
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links