Honda Shadow 1100
Close

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Ken
  • 1 Post By plumbstraight
  • 1 Post By Donzo

Thread: Honda Shadow 1100

Honda Shadow 1100

Is anyone familiar with a 2002 Honda Shadow? I've been looking for something a little smoother down the freeways. There's one in my area at a reasonable price, it just needs a little carb work but it is running.

No one answered so here it is. Attachment 176474Attachment 176482
    I have more pics but can't get them loaded at this time. It looks like this bike was well taken care of. A little rust on the chrome. I think from sitting in the garage. The bike was complete and even included the oem tools. They told me it possibly needed the carburetors overhauled but it started. I bought it Tuesday and told them I would pick it up Wednesday or Thursday. An old friend ended up owning the shop where it was at, his neighbor was selling it. I got insurance Wednesday. I am a Marvel Mystery Oil guy. I brought 4 gallons of gas with 4 ounces of Marvel Mystery Oil and poured it in. I cranked the bike up and drove it down for inspection, it passed. Went to the DMV and got the title applied for and registration. A real miracle since it only took me 2 hours including the drive from work to get all of this done Thursday. The bike was spitting and sputtering a little with a pop here or there. I drove it to my Moms then home. I drove it to work today. I almost put 100 miles on it already. The wind buffering at highway speeds is ridiculous so I am looking at options to fix that even if it is removing the wind screen. It is so odd not shifting. 1st gear does 30 2nd I shift anywhere from 35 to 50 but it will probably hold until about 60 mph. It sounds like it is idling down the freeway. I got a good deal on it. I checked the oil which looked really clean. Now I need to lube the cables and levers and go through everything this weekend. I don't even need to worry about the carbs at this point. It is running great.
    rivershot, Dryden-Tdub and Tweaker like this.

Put some seafoam in when you fill the tank. It will go to work cleaning your fuel system. Can't go wrong on a Honda cruiser. I just let my 1500 Vulcan go to my brother. Sure miss the sound and torque of it. The Goldwing is quicker and is much smoother, but the laid back cruisers are a world of their own.
    Ken likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

[attach=config]177962[/attach
    Attached Images Attached Images

I just saw this thread. I had a Honda Shadow Sabre for 3 years. Bought it new in 2001 - it was a really good solid and reliable bike. I put almost 22,000 carefree miles on it before selling and getting a bigger bike. I was doing a lot of interstate trips and wanted a 6th gear and more storage space.
    But it's a fun and surprisingly quick bike and is comfortable at hiway speeds -
    Ken likes this.

Sponosred Links