Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Tweaker
  • 1 Post By stagewex
  • 1 Post By admiral
  • 2 Post By putt-putt
  • 1 Post By Tweaker

Thread: Alta redshift doing enduro

Alta redshift doing enduro

Watched this video of an Alta electric on a cool enduro track. Thought the whole time how much fun it would be on a TW and how Fred would dig it.

Also saw this review of a 2019 Alta EXR dual sport. This bike needs fat tires that’s all I’m gonna say. 50 hp battery life and price is improving and 1 1/2 hour charging.

Fred likes this.
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

The sound (or lack of) kinda reminds me of slot-cars.
    Tweaker likes this.

I have a few "what if" questions which I'm sure will be answered if and when electric motorcycles become more popular/affordable etc. My main what if question would be related to charging on longer ride trip days. I don't but there are a lot of people who ride many days out in the bush. I guess one day they'll come up with a portable charging station you can carry with you on the motorcycle replacing carrying extra gas as many do now. Lots of similar scenario's for charging when not close to city limits and 'lectrons.

Performance wise I suspect they're just fine to ride though just as I miss the days of the 60's and 70's muscle car sound compared to the 4 banger high rpm replacement sound, I'd have to get used to the electric motor over the massive shake in your boots single thumper sound of the mighty TW rumbling down the trail.
    Tweaker likes this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Mrs putt-putt and I have two electric fat tire bikes and we love them........ My plan is to purchase an ALL WHEEL DRIVE enduro within the next three years. Prices are coming down and the technology is repidly improving. We use the e bikes now when we take the camper out and recharge with our Honda e2000 generator.
    I can't think of a better hunting machine then an all wheel drive dual purpose e bike with super fat agressive tires....... Light weight and quite.
    Time will tell......
    Tweaker and admiral like this.
    putt-putt

Slot cars exactly ha! Good one. I see several cool battery chemistries coming out which promise 4 times the energy density of some of the latest batteries combined with faster charging. So if you get 50 miles of charge now you will be able to go 200 miles soon. I don’t know about you but that is plenty far on a TW for me in a day. As for multi day use when gas vechicles first came out there weren’t any stations available either. So ironically gas generators can recharge or if in an RV with solar and a battery bank, battery to battery converters work. Unlike lead acid batteries with their slow charging time if you only had a 1/2 -1 hr recharge on a generator that would be acceptable. Price dropped from $15k to $10k expect more.

One of the reviewers mentioned the Center of gravity of the bike due to low engine mass and how that affected handling and improved turning radius that plus the instant torque and no stalling seem to be pluses for off road. Watching the one guy starting on a steep hill with no traction showed how a fat tire like the ATV tire mod would be awesome. The Alta seems to have a lower seat height than some MX bikes.

So I really love the old Mopars too. Could have bought a 70’s 383 Dodge Challenger with low miles for $1800 due to a gas crisis. In hindsight a good collector car.
    admiral likes this.
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

Sponosred Links