Could This Be the 21st Century Version of the TW?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Could This Be the 21st Century Version of the TW?

Could This Be the 21st Century Version of the TW?

Husqvarna SVARTPILEN 401. I sat on one of these at a dealer today. What a bike!

pho_bike_90_re.png
    Last edited by sibyrnes; 08-22-2018 at 02:28 PM.

I sure hope not. Certainly an exciting naked street bike but at 150 kilos dry it might be asking much to take this urban exploration vehicle out on the trail. Any future TW replacement should hopefully continue as a true dual sport machine.
    Peterb likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Yeah, you are correct- it's not much of a dirt bike. i am impressed by the simple design and high quality components of this little thumper!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Good bike no doubt. I just hope for permissible gasoline fueled off-road sports continuing on into the futrue along with the machinery that makes it possible. Everything can't go electric, not many charging stations in Tierra del Fuego.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

I know here in Western Pa. with all the so called "development" and urban sprawl we are loosing a lot of our old riding areas. The places where I learned my off road riding skills are now industrial parks.
    Chip likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sibyrnes View Post
    I know here in Western Pa. with all the so called "development" and urban sprawl we are loosing a lot of our old riding areas. The places where I learned my off road riding skills are now industrial parks.
    Same here in WI. You can't ride off road unless it's private property or a gravel road. Designated trail doesn't exist. Really is no reason to even own a dual sport bike anymore. Unless your riding out of state like you guy out west.
    Last edited by Chip; 08-22-2018 at 07:54 PM.
    2017 XR650l
    2014 NC700X
    2005 ST-1300
    Wanted TW450

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    Same here in WI. You can't ride off road unless it's private property or a gravel road. Designated trail doesn't exist. Really is no reason to even own a dual sport bike anymore. Unless your riding out of state like you guy out west.
    This has been my gripe right along here in NY state. We have millions of acres of state park lands put aside and paid for by our outrageous tax dollars and every acre is off limits to ORVs. Some of these gorgeous deep woods places are only accessible to those who are very healthy and well acquainted hikers. I have heard it said that 98% of the State Park lands are only ever seen by less than 2% of the residents. By law here in NY if you own an ATV it must be licensed and registered with plates yet the only place you can ride them off of private property is on some frozen lakes and to do that they must be insured.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Possibly consider moving out west where in many areas we are still permitted certain freedoms...Like here, where you can pass tricked out KTMs with a ratty old TW and ride for hours without seeing a sign or regulation.
    arbolmano likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

No...don't move out West , Fred was just kidding …...it is hot and cold and dry and wet and …..well......lonely …….

Seriously... riding opportunities are expanding....you can ride old mining roads in Colorado in the most beautiful scenery you can imagine..

there is a trail that parallels nearly every road in Alaska …..

you can ride across Idaho between two Wilderness Area...

there is a Backcountry Byway the length of Oregon from North to South....

you can also do that in Washington and ride many of the beaches to boot..

we rode from South Pass in Wy. into the Wind River for a week and saw one other rider (lost) at Union Pass....

Horace Greeley must have been a trail bike rider....
    Last edited by bartruff; 11-03-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    FishByte likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff View Post
    No...don't move out West , Fred was just kidding …...it is hot and cold and dry and wet and …..well......lonely …….
    There is more truth to that than you may or may not know. Lots of folks from the predominantly liberal states run to the less restrictive and cheaper taxed states and too bad they bring their attitudes and demands that ruined their own states with them. Just look at NY City and there is probably a cop for every corner but up here in rural NY state we are lucky to have a cop for every 50 square miles and honestly we prefer it that way. If I ever have to call 911 it will be for the cops to come and clean up the mess after the fact. We get barraged here every summer with city dwellers who have summer camps. They get real upset when it takes the single Sheriff's Deputy or the only State Police officer on graveyard duty over an hour to get there because he was on the other side of the county. The 911 call center gets this call all the time, 911 operator, "What is your emergency?" There is a big bear in my yard tearing up my garbage that I put out on the curb for morning pick up! Like, No Shit, bears live here and bears love garbage served in the middle of the night by idiots. I like the ones, there is a big snake in my driveway making a lot of noise with his tail, what should I do? How about just leave it alone and steer very clear of it.

GaryL
    FishByte and gandolf like this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links