Tenere 700
Close
    
    
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Tenere 700

  1. #1
    Senior Member nihil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    313

    Tenere 700

    Am I the only one drooling over this bike? I've been shopping around for something larger than my beloved TW so I can do a bit more highway. Currently at the top of my list is the tried and true DR650, but second half of 2020 I could see trading it in on the Tenere 700.

    https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/ad...els/tenere-700

    689cc, fuel injected, 6speed, dead sexy


  2. #2
    Senior Member YamTW87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    149
    You can also look for a Yamaha XT660Z Ténéré(year 2008-->).
    It has one of the most reliable engines Yamaha ever made.
    But if you are located in the US it will difficult to find one.
    jtomelliott49 likes this.

  3. #3
    Senior Member nihil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    313
    That too is a good looking bike, and definitely in the ballpark for what I'm after. But I am indeed in the US, so finding one is probably not in the cards, and even if I could find one, getting it titled/registered would be a pain in the ass, if even possible.

    I love the TW, and it will probably be the last bike I get rid of if I have to get rid of any at all, but I need to extend my long distance and highway capabilities a bit and it's just not up to the task. Historically I've gone either full dirt or full street with my bikes, but I'm really liking the dual-sport/enduro stuff these days.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member Dryden-Tdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dryden NY
    Posts
    6,341
    Quote Originally Posted by nihil View Post
    That too is a good looking bike, and definitely in the ballpark for what I'm after. But I am indeed in the US, so finding one is probably not in the cards, and even if I could find one, getting it titled/registered would be a pain in the ass, if even possible.

    I love the TW, and it will probably be the last bike I get rid of if I have to get rid of any at all, but I need to extend my long distance and highway capabilities a bit and it's just not up to the task. Historically I've gone either full dirt or full street with my bikes, but I'm really liking the dual-sport/enduro stuff these days.
    You owe it to yourself to at least LOOK at a 2019 Honda CB500X.......



    Tom
    jtomelliott49 likes this.
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

    Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

  6. #5
    Senior Member nihil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryden-Tdub View Post
    You owe it to yourself to at least LOOK at a 2019 Honda CB500X.......

    Tom
    I did briefly eyeball those, but it looks to be the historically CB street based commuter. At 20lbs lighter and 200cc's gruntier, I'd sooner go with an FZ-07 for that role. The bulk of my riding is unfortunately on the street, but when I get where I'm going it'll end up axle-deep in mud/sand along the river, or plodding through single track goodness in the woods.

    Ideally I'd like something around 340-380lbs or so, 500-600cc in displacement, 6-7sp trans, good clearance but low enough seat so I can swing my aging legs over it, and brilliant as both a twisty road scalpel and off-road sledgehammer. Being pretty wouldn't hurt.

  7. #6
    Senior Member Dryden-Tdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dryden NY
    Posts
    6,341
    Quote Originally Posted by nihil View Post
    I did briefly eyeball those, but it looks to be the historically CB street based commuter. At 20lbs lighter and 200cc's gruntier, I'd sooner go with an FZ-07 for that role. The bulk of my riding is unfortunately on the street, but when I get where I'm going it'll end up axle-deep in mud/sand along the river, or plodding through single track goodness in the woods.

    Ideally I'd like something around 340-380lbs or so, 500-600cc in displacement, 6-7sp trans, good clearance but low enough seat so I can swing my aging legs over it, and brilliant as both a twisty road scalpel and off-road sledgehammer. Being pretty wouldn't hurt.
    You really need to look again! Some nice updates to the 2019. More than capable off road at slower speeds.


    Tom
    jtomelliott49 likes this.
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

    Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

  8. #7
    Senior Member nihil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryden-Tdub View Post
    You really need to look again! Some nice updates to the 2019. More than capable off road at slower speeds.


    Tom
    This one, no?
    2019 CB500X Overview - Honda Powersports

    I'd rip that exhaust right off on the first log.

  9. #8
    Senior Member Dryden-Tdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dryden NY
    Posts
    6,341
    Quote Originally Posted by nihil View Post
    This one, no?
    2019 CB500X Overview - Honda Powersports

    I'd rip that exhaust right off on the first log.
    Not with this!


    https://adventuremotorcyclinghandboo.../07/plates.jpg


    Tom
    jtomelliott49 likes this.
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

    Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

  10. #9
    Senior Member nihil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    313
    Looks decent enough, but how much clearance does that eat up? They haven't listed pricing for the 2019, but the 2018 is at the exact same spot at the DR650, and between the two I'd say the DR has much better off-road ergonomics, and is also 50lbs lighter with 170cc more displacement. Granted there's the whole 2cyl vs. thumper smoothness to consider, and EFI vs. carb, but then there's the part where the DR has been pretty much the same design for many years with a lot of trusted miles and proven reliability, where the CB looks to be a more recent redesign. Granted I've never owned a Honda bike, so I don't know much about them.

  11. #10
    Senior Member Dryden-Tdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dryden NY
    Posts
    6,341
    Quote Originally Posted by nihil View Post
    Looks decent enough, but how much clearance does that eat up? They haven't listed pricing for the 2019, but the 2018 is at the exact same spot at the DR650, and between the two I'd say the DR has much better off-road ergonomics, and is also 50lbs lighter with 170cc more displacement. Granted there's the whole 2cyl vs. thumper smoothness to consider, and EFI vs. carb, but then there's the part where the DR has been pretty much the same design for many years with a lot of trusted miles and proven reliability, where the CB looks to be a more recent redesign. Granted I've never owned a Honda bike, so I don't know much about them.
    I own the 2018. There is not a lot of ground clearance compared to the DR650 but it actually males more HP than the Suzuki. If you MOSTLY want to ride off-road then get the DR. If you want something you can tour on plus ride off-road in a mild mannered way then it's all Honda.


    Tom
    jtomelliott49 likes this.
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

    Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-28-2016, 12:46 AM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-07-2015, 08:08 PM
  3. Polaris Sportmans 700
    By TWBARR in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-14-2011, 08:55 AM
  4. Tenere 660
    By kj7687 in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-10-2011, 07:50 PM
  5. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-03-2010, 07:58 PM