How reliable are the Honda Fat Cats? - Page 2
Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: How reliable are the Honda Fat Cats?

Quote Originally Posted by NVcowboy View Post
    I had a Fat Cat when I was a teenager. Loved it. I used to push cows, climb mountains, everything I do now with the T Dub was inspired by my days on the Fat Cat. The auto clutch was nice because I didn't have the patience for a normal clutch back then. I remember once, haulin' ass through the desert and a big hunk of sagebrush got snagged in the chain and sprocket. Stopped the bike dead in its tracks and I went sailing through the air. When I landed, I looked back and it was still standing for a moment before it slowly puttered down and fell over. Cartoon like. One day I came home from school and it was gone. My mom had sold it and bought a $1200 Kirby vacuum. I was PISSED. She said what, would you rather have a motorcycle or a clean house? I was 15. What kind of F*&%ing question was that. My dad just sat there looking at the floor nodding in agreement with everything she said. Thanks Brad!
    OMG my mom would have never done anything like that she used to say my bikes were her sanity and if I ever needed to buy a part my mom would fllipme the cash no questions asked as long as my bikes were running I was out of her hair til bedtime lol

One time my Kawasaki MC1M90 ran out of gas and I left it against an old apple tree at the bottom of our property and the neighbor girl poured water in my gas tank and turned the petcock on so by the time I got back to gas it u a few days later it was rusted solid but to my surprise my mom had the Kawasaki shop pick it up and rebuild the top end at the whopping cost of $300 which was $1 more than the bike cost brand new at $299 on Christmas sale lol

I remember when the bike shop called with the estimate and told me $300 I thought it was doomed but mom just said to ask them how soon they could get it running lmao

My dad bought me my first two bikes but he was at work all day so keeping them running didn't matter as much to him lol
    "It's Like Warm Apple Pie"

Hidden Content

MC1M90 it was one of my first bikes. My mom drove me to my job at the Kawasaki dealer everyday after school so I could buy a new top end. She bought the bike for me used with no top end but said it was up to me get and keep it running. I loved that bike and I learned a lot working at that shop.

Quote Originally Posted by PlacerLode View Post
    OMG my mom would have never done anything like that she used to say my bikes were her sanity and if I ever needed to buy a part my mom would fllipme the cash no questions asked as long as my bikes were running I was out of her hair til bedtime lol

One time my Kawasaki MC1M90 ran out of gas and I left it against an old apple tree at the bottom of our property and the neighbor girl poured water in my gas tank and turned the petcock on so by the time I got back to gas it u a few days later it was rusted solid but to my surprise my mom had the Kawasaki shop pick it up and rebuild the top end at the whopping cost of $300 which was $1 more than the bike cost brand new at $299 on Christmas sale lol

I remember when the bike shop called with the estimate and told me $300 I thought it was doomed but mom just said to ask them how soon they could get it running lmao

My dad bought me my first two bikes but he was at work all day so keeping them running didn't matter as much to him lol
    PlacerLode likes this.
    Husqvarna TE300i Fuel Injected 2-Stroke 2019
    Yamaha XT225 - 1999 Serow
    Yamaha TW200Z - 2010
    Yamaha BW200 Electric Start! - 1986
    Yamaha TTR225R - 2003
    Husqvarna 701 Enduro - 2017
    Kawasaki Prairie 650 - 2002

Good Grief... that's some story!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NVcowboy View Post
    I had a Fat Cat when I was a teenager. Loved it. I used to push cows, climb mountains, everything I do now with the T Dub was inspired by my days on the Fat Cat. The auto clutch was nice because I didn't have the patience for a normal clutch back then. I remember once, haulin' ass through the desert and a big hunk of sagebrush got snagged in the chain and sprocket. Stopped the bike dead in its tracks and I went sailing through the air. When I landed, I looked back and it was still standing for a moment before it slowly puttered down and fell over. Cartoon like. One day I came home from school and it was gone. My mom had sold it and bought a $1200 Kirby vacuum. I was PISSED. She said what, would you rather have a motorcycle or a clean house? I was 15. What kind of F*&%ing question was that. My dad just sat there looking at the floor nodding in agreement with everything she said. Thanks Brad!
    2008 Vespa 150"S" (Elec & Kick Start)
    2007 Ural Patrol (2WD, Elec & Kick Start)
    2006 Yamaha TW200 (Elec & Kick Start)
    1995 BMW K75 (Elec Start)
    1991 Honda XR250L (Kick Start Only)
    1986 Yamaha BW200ES (Elec & Kick Start)
    1969 BMW r60/2, US Model (Kick Start Only)

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

btw I do have one question NVcowboy

"push cows" lol whats the deal with that lmao
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.
    "It's Like Warm Apple Pie"

Hidden Content

From behind!

Quote Originally Posted by PlacerLode View Post
    btw I do have one question NVcowboy

"push cows" lol whats the deal with that lmao
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.
    Husqvarna TE300i Fuel Injected 2-Stroke 2019
    Yamaha XT225 - 1999 Serow
    Yamaha TW200Z - 2010
    Yamaha BW200 Electric Start! - 1986
    Yamaha TTR225R - 2003
    Husqvarna 701 Enduro - 2017
    Kawasaki Prairie 650 - 2002

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    Sometimes, the answer is something you never wanted to hear.......

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJeeper View Post
    From behind!
    admiral and Sthrnromr like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponosred Links